Creating a multi-user Navision Native Database

m.pacanam.pacana Member Posts: 75
Do you have any idea on how to implement a Navision Native Database that can be accessed by one or more users, all at the same time?? Is this possible with Navision?

Currently Im trying to implement a dll component where it uses and connects through N/ODBC, wherein i will invoke it inside the navision environment. But when the dll was executed and tries to connect using the Navision ODBC, it produces an error stating that the database (fdb) is already in use.

Thanks! \:D/

Answers

• Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    You'll need to install a Navision server to handle multiple users. This way, your N/ODBC connection will connect through the Navision server, and not directly to the Navision database.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • m.pacanam.pacana Member Posts: 75
    is this the Navision Database Server? I have a Navision Database Server installer for Windows Server 2000 and 2003. Is it also possible to install this to a different OS/Server other than the two?
    Yes, you can even install this Database Server on Windows XP.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Captain_DX4Captain_DX4 Member Posts: 230
    Am I out of touch, or did the Unix install disappear for Navision server?
    Kristopher Webb
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer
    I don't see a \Server\AIX folder anymore in the 4.0 SP1 version.
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    I don't see a \Server\AIX folder anymore in the 4.0 SP1 version.
    Also not in 4.0 without SP1.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

Thanks! I have already installed the Database Server for Navision but currently I'm having problems in configuring it with the Navision ODBC Setup. Whenever I set it up as server and when clicking the company name, an error "The network is not functioning correctly. a 'packet' has been corrupted (a checksum error)" was displayed.

Do you have any idea why this error occurs? [-o<
  • ErictPErictP Member Posts: 164
    I also had this error when the database server was started with net type TCPS.

After the net type was changed to TCP the error was gone.
    Thanks ErictP! The error was gone when I connect with the net type TCPS :) im still looking whats the problem with the TPC in my workstation
  • fufikkfufikk Member Posts: 104
    Hi,

I seem to be facing similar problem: with TCP every login attempt fails with: 'packet' has been corrupted (a checksum error)'. With TCPS this error appears only when Navision is started for the first time, later message does not appear.

Have you found a solution to your problem?