Text to dBase conversion (Andreas Lundin?)

sdvsdv Member Posts: 7
edited 2000-06-21 in Download section
On mynavision.net Andreas Lundin posted a program that converts dBase-files into text-files. In the comment in the download area he stated that the text to dBase conversion would soon be available. As it happens I am looking for such a program so I can export data from Navision to a Psion Workabout.

My question is, is the text to dBase conversion already available? And if so, will it be posted on mynavision.net?

With regards,

Charl van der Mooren

Comments

• Andreas_LundinAndreas_Lundin Member Posts: 91
    Hi

This is a small answer to your request for a text file into dBase converter. I have made this small utility, but I haven't uploaded it to www.mynavision.net yet, due to the poor interest of the dBase to text utility. Not many have downloaded that one.

So, of course I'll upload the text file to dBase converter as soon as possible. It should be ready for distribution during next week if nothing goes wrong.

I'll post a message when it is ready in the download section.

Regards
    Andreas L.
    Hi again

I have made a new zip distribution containing some enhanced conversion tools. The distribution consists of two utilities to convert between dBase III/IV format and a text file format.

txt2dbf converts text files into dBase III/IV file format
    dbf2txt converts dBase III/IV files into text file format

Since Luc is out of office until 21 June, I have made the file available for download at draupner.virtualave.net. Just select the download section, and look for the file dbfutil.zip. When Luc is back, the file will be available from www.mynavision.net as well.

Regards
    Andreas L.
    Hi again

If you have any use of the utilities please drop a note on this forum. Also if you have any suggestions on how to improve the conversion tools.

Regards
    Andreas L.
  • sdvsdv Member Posts: 7
    Thank you very much.

I will download it and I will let you know my findings.

With regards,

Charl van der Mooren
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Andreas Lundin:
    When Luc is back, the file will be available from www.mynavision.net as well.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The file is included in the download-section.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)