Options

Employee Portal (Insert Head problem)

alex9alex9 Member Posts: 97
edited 2006-02-03 in Navision e-Commerce
I am trying to create new record in the table using EP and SharePoint.
I made the following settings for the Card Web Part Action:
Table -> Actions ->
Type -> Insert Head
Target WP Request -> Current

It works if I create new record in the Item table. But it doesn't work if I create another WP Request with the same settings for my Test table. I get the error 10500 (RECORDREF variable not initialized).

Does somebody know how to figure this problem out?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,090
    [Topic moved from Navision forum to Navision e-Commerce forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    I am just curious: nobody has ever faced such error or nobody has ever tried to insert new record into the Navision table using SharePoint Web Part?
    :?
  • Options
    TomoTomo Member Posts: 1
    What table are you trying to insert?

If you're trying to modify any table other than those included in demo database EP example - that might be the cause.

I've installed EP with demo database last week and after playing a little with the demo site decided to create some custom web part templates. Soon I ran into a problem you describe. After little digging I was unpleasantly surprised with the code I found in codeunits 6822 to 6827.

Maybe it's the limitation of the demo database, maybe it's some kind of SP1 beta, maybe it's an EP "feature" I've somehow missed... whatever the cause that code left me pretty dissappointed. It seems there'll be more than setting-up and drag&dropping to build anything for my customers.

If anyone could shed some light on this problem (the scope of EP functionality) it would be much appreciated.

Thx
  • Options
    Hi Tomo,

Thank you so much for this information!
    Yes, I tried to insert a record into the table which I created myself, and, of course, it was not listed in the codeunit 6822. But why don't add new table in this codeunit? I added the following code:
    DATABASE::"MyTestTable": InsertMyRecord(GUID,HeadRecordRef);

into the function InsertHeader and created InsertMyRecord Function (like InsertItem function).

I also made similar changes in ModifyHeader function. However, I get error when I try to save the record (Error during Modify (20): Another user has modified the record for this Object after you retrieved it from the database. Enter your changes again in the Web Part.) Now I am trying to fix this problem.

It is interesting, whether MS is going to improve this functionality in the future or not...
    I also don't understand why they don't mention about this "feature" in the manuals...
  • Options
    semaasemaa Member Posts: 26
    Hello;

I have EP working properly on our server with
    Demo data. But my problem is I could not make insertion in a Navision table which is different from
    Demo data (customer, vendor, item etc.) inside Share Point Services.
    I created a web request template for Table 167 (JOB) but failed to insert any record
    From Share Point Services.

I tried the following code in the codeunit 6822 InsertHEader function.
    And created InsertJob function in the codeunit

Code:
    DATABASE::Job: InsertJob(GUID,HeadRecordRef);
    as you. But the same error occurs.

If you have any progress about this topic can you share with me?
    Because it is also very urgent and important for me.

Best regards
  • Options
    gjgarciasmgjgarciasm Member Posts: 47
    Tomo wrote:
    What table are you trying to insert?

It seems there'll be more than setting-up and drag&dropping to build anything for my customers.

If anyone could shed some light on this problem (the scope of EP functionality) it would be much appreciated.

Thx

I have reviewed the standar EP for the last months. My opinion is:

1.- If you need basic standard functionality about Items and Sales is perfect. You only have to set up the data. Nothing else.

2.- It you need to extend this funcionality to other fields or modules you will probably need:

* Make the clasic implementations in tables, forms, business logic related to your normal implementation.

* Extend your programming in the EP codeunits to reflect the equivalent in EP business logics.

* Sometimes I had to bypass standard C/AL code because EP actions run standard events in tha NAvision Client where the NAS listener is run. I mean, you have to open a NAvision Client to start a NAS listener. In this client will appear possible errors related to EP execution. Un ERROR window can blocks IIS until you close ERROR window. ](*,)

Maybe you have to take into account this points to evaluate costs in EP programming.

Best Regards.
  • Options
    semaasemaa Member Posts: 26
    Hello,

Thanks for your answers.

I restarted NAS and problem is solved.