Options

Two Users Same Batch

Dr_mjhDr_mjh Member Posts: 203
edited 2006-01-26 in Navision Financials
Hi There;

I have two users working on the same batch in the general journal window with the same no. series, those two users are getting the same document no., how can I make those users work on different document no. automatically? I know I can do it manually but I'm sure that Navision can do better than that.

Thanks for your cooperation

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    No, correct sollution is to have one batch for each user to prevent more problems than only document no....
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    Excellent, that's exactly what I did but here I have another problem. If two users enters the same journal and each by its own batch, here the document no. will be the same for both of them till one of them post the transaction then the second one will not be able to post till he manually changes its document no. and this is where I think that Navision can do better than that.

Thanks for your cooperation
  • Options
    JulianHarperJulianHarper Member Posts: 63
    You can setup a different number series for each batch.

When you go into the Journal drill down on the batch name and you will see the no series tied to it. Just create a new no series for each batch (or just one new one if you already have one) and you won't get any more document number clashes.
    Julian Harper
    IT Manager
    Laytons Wine Merchants Ltd
  • Options
    Thank you JulianHarpertant for your reply but Some financial consultants said to me that it is not acceptable for sales invoices to have more than one no. series, I mean a no. series for each batch. So what should I do?

Thank you for your cooperation
  • Options
    bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    Why don't you use the "Sales Invoice" form. This would allow your invoices to have one number series, and multiple users to enter invoices.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • Options
    Yes, exactly. It seems that you are using journals for things that are solved with another module. The journals are for internal documents, corrections etc.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    ok, I don't have the sales module, so I has to use the journals for the sales invoices. ](*,)

Please help

Thank you for your cooperation
  • Options
    bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    I see two options:

1. Continue using the journals and accept their limitations.

2. Purchase Sales Invoicing.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • Options
    Nearly nobody will create something, what is solved with another module. Because it is easier to say: hay, buy this new granule and your problem is solved!

From my experiences: I never saw customer which was not using sales module...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    Thanks to everyone who participated in this subject.

I had a feeling that we have to buy the sales module. I should have listened to the partner. Anyway I'm grateful for all the replies that I had.

Best Regards