Options

Development 1 and Development 2 manuals

atarisataris Member Posts: 109
Anyone got theses and are they good?

Want to start preparing for exams and learning the language.

Comments

• Options
    Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    Haven't we been through this before?

http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... ht=manuals

I thought you've purchased them....
  • Options
    Ah yes we have my friend but i just want to make sure the manuals are good and what I'm looking for thats all. I just want to find out what they like.

Is that ok?

In the process of buying them but want to make sure.
  • Options
    Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    Yes, sure. Fine with me. :-#

I only have Dev I and find this very good. =D>

But then again, I am not 'exactly' a biginning developer... :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Alright well i need these manuals anyway for my exams next year. So i better just order now. Just waiting for prices really, they sent a spreadsheet that is totally unreadable.

Thanks for replying though..
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    The price is absolutely ridiculous. They charge you a fee per training day for the manuals. So if the development 1 training is one week (5 days) they charge you like $50 per day for the manual, which is $250 in total. For that insane amount you get a softback manual that you can read twice before it starts falling apart. You might also get a cd with the solutions on it, but I'm not sure about that.

For that money they should publish those books through MS Press and have nice hardback covers on them.
  • Options
    Yeah I think they will quote me £145 for each manual I want, that is pretty high. What I want to know is, are the development 1 and 2 manuals the Allication Designer Guide manuals but divided into 2 sections. I wrote the version 4.0 Financials earlier this year but i see they have 2 manuals now for this exam.

So are the development 1 and 2 manuals just the Allication Designer Guide divided up or are they different?
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    No they are two different manuals. Those are the training manuals that are used when you go to the actual training. They should come with a cd with all the exercise solutions. The development manuals are actually a 'good value' compared to some other manuals, in terms of number of pages.