Options

Install Nav License on a server vs on PC's

shanna1shanna1 Member Posts: 76
edited 2005-12-19 in Navision Financials
Hi there!

Our technical guy is not available and I would like to have steps to install Navision license version 2.01 ( or 2.10 ) on our customer SERVER and on some local Pc's ( about 5).

Please can someone gives me steps to do that locally and on the server?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    If you find the current fin.flf file and replace this by the new fin.flf file everything should work just fine.

Remember to name the license fin.flf

If you want changes to appear directly you need to stop and start the service, otherwise it will appear automaticaly probably sometime tonight.
  • Options
    Thanks Mark.

I see those 2 options.

Ok let say I want to do that on the server and have changes appear immediatly. What are steps needed? where do I stop and start the service.

Excuse me for those questions but it will be the first time for me to do that asn i'm not a technical guy. Is is only technical guy who can do that?? Please lets me know.

Thanks
  • Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Windows 2000 Server?

Start->Programs-Administrative Tools->Services

Scroll Down to the Nav Service

Right click on it ->Select Stop
    Let it stop
    then
    Right click on it ->Select Start
  • Options
    Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    Well, assuming we are 12 hours further ahead in time and every employee shuts his pc down at night the service should have stopped by now. When the first user logs in the service will start and the new license will appear.

Otherwise I hope if a client runs 2.x he has a 2000 server, instead of a NT4 :D

Or one of the clients acts as a server :?
  • Options
    Thanks guys for all your answers. BTW Mark, what happen if the client runs on a NT4 server instead of windows 2000 server ??