Options

What transaction type should be set?

EmjuEmju Member Posts: 11
Hello,
1)In what situations should you use transaction type property for the report set for the report?

2)What does it mean that When you use Navision Database Server, it maps to Snapshot since the transaction type concerns SQL only?

3)What transaction type should be set for SQL server and what transaction type should be set for navision server so that the data reported will be a consistent snapshot of the data, while other users are inserting records into the same transaction tables?

This is what I found in online help: "The Navision Database Server supports read consistency as an integral part of the database architecture. At present, SQL Server does not support this feature. It implements a consistent snapshot by locking data as it is read to prevent other users from changing it. This significantly reduces concurrency for tables that are frequently accessed by multiple users."

That's why I think that I set Snapshot for SQL and it is not important for navision since the transaction type concerns SQL only.
Am I right?
--
Tom