Options

EP - Show Report ; long running report

MatthiasNMatthiasN Member Posts: 31
edited 2005-12-12 in Navision e-Commerce
G'day again,

when running a longer running report such as Inventory Valuation or Inventory Customer Sales, the browser reports an error "back-end did not reply"

These reports I can run successfully from EP with Cronus but it is only a small database - however, a much larger live database will take too long and the browser times out.

Any ideas please?

Thanks again and best regards, Matthias.

Comments

• Options
    lzrlzr Member Posts: 264
    I think you can find the timeout in the web.config (in your wwwroot folder).
    <appSettings>
    value="FormatName:DIRECT=OS:KENNY\private$\nep_request_queue" />
        <add key="ReplyQueues" value="FormatName:DIRECT=OS:KENNY\private$\nep_reply_queue" />
        <add key="MessageTimeOut" value="120" />
        <add key="WaitForReplyTimeOut" value="60" />

By the way how does your report look like? If I run an order confirmation for a customer it looks really awful. The logo is not saved either..
    Navision developer
  • Options
    IHateLinuxIHateLinux Member Posts: 223
    Hi,

indeed, it is this timeout values.

This is because doing something in the web without a response in at least 30 seconds will confuse most (nearly all) users and they think something is going wrong. But the NAS is still running the report. Therefore the message is displayed.

You can modify the timeout values to increase the timeout, but you might consider another way for showing reports when you have reports which take more than a minute to run.

HTH,
    Rainer
  • Options
    MatthiasNMatthiasN Member Posts: 31
    Timeout helps a bit - but Analysis Reports run quick and that's the answer - at least for my immediate requirement.

Thanks and regards, Matthias.