Options

Interesting questions - can anybody answer them?

EmjuEmju Member Posts: 11
Hello,

I have a few questions. I've looked through a lot of resources and can't find the answers to the following questions. I'd be grateful if anyone could help me.

1.Your customer has bought your product, but your salesperson has talked with him and has said that the latest version of navision has the improvements that are present in add-ons that you will install. What do you do?
a)install latest version of navision;
b)install latest version of navision, along with improvements present in your add-on

2.When you create a development database for a customer that has already the database, what do you do?

3.Report with modifications. Which do you modify?

4.How to handle locktable for a small customer who uses Navision Database Server?

I have no idea what the answers to the above questions are. Could you explain these issues to me?

5.You are designing a report that is going to be run while other users are inserting records into the same transaction tables, using version based Navision server/MS SQL. What do you need to do the report to make sure that the data reported will be a consistent snapshot of the data those transactions?
Ans: I think that I don't need anything for Navision server because the Navision Database Server supports read consistency as an integral part of the database architecture. I need to set the transaction type to Snapshot for MS SQL.
Am I right?

6. VarRecord.modify(); When the change is submitted ?
a) a submit is implicitly called after the modify
b) when leaving the trigger
c) modify submit the transaction
Ans: I think that b) is the correct answer because when the system exits a C/AL code module, it automatically ends the write transaction by committing the updates made by the C/AL code.
Am I right?

7. In a function with a record as parameter, how can you know which filters have been applied to it?
Ans: When variable is passed by refrence then the records contain all the information about the filter applied. When variable is passed by value it is impossible.
Am I right?
--
Tom

Comments

• Options
    PassHopePassHope Member Posts: 25
    Hello.

1. If the new version has got all features of an previous add-on, A is right.

2. This is from the methology chapter :
    If customer has MS Navision :
    1 Bring .fob file to customer site.
    2 Bring down server.
    3 Make a complete backup of cust database.
    4 Bring up cust database using local client.
    5 Into Object Designer and select import. Select .fob file.
    7 There may or may not be conflicts.
    8 Press “Replace all objects”.

Go into Obj designer select all objects and recompile them.

3. You open the report you would modify, and save it with another name.
    Start working on the copy.

4. I would think it would be fewer reasons to use LOCKTABLE.

5. For Navision use Transaction type Snapshot, for SQL use Browse.

6. I am not quite sure, but I would select A. C is close, but transaction??

Hopes this helps you.