Options

Navision Application Server and Employee Portal

alex9alex9 Member Posts: 97
edited 2009-04-25 in Navision e-Commerce
Hi,
I am trying to integrate Navision 4.0 SP1 and Windows SharePoint Service. I've got the next error message instead of tool pane in the sharepoint:
"Communication error (10114): No reply received from Back End System (Time Out)."

As far as I understand there are two issues but I have not any idea how to solve them:

1. Private Queue (nep_request_queue) is not created properly during EP Front End installation. Nep_request_queue exists but it has TypeID {00000000-0000-0000-000000000000}.

2. I cannot run NAS from command line. I receive messages "The Navision Application Server could not initialize properly" and "No service could be started with the start-up parameter P". I also tried to use nep_ and nep_user start-up parameter. Meanwhile, if I run NAS service from MS Managment Console or from NAS Manager, the service status changes to "Started".

Any help will be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    re 1: What's wrong with that? I have about 10 private queues on my machine, all with TypeID {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}, and they are all working just fine.

re 2: Just installing NAS does not make it work. First you need to set up NAS to use the proper parameters. The startup parameter for Employee Portal is EP, not just P (maybe that was a typo though)

If you carefully read the Employee Portal instructions before you install anything, you should have an idea of what to expect. Then follow the installation steps one by one, in the same order. I did and I did not have any issues, everything worked the first time I used it.
  • Options
    I've done the follows (several times 8-[ ):
    - Installed Windows Server 2003 and all necessary components (IIS, ASP.NET, MMQS, WSS, J#.NET) (Installation EP, pg.5)
    - Installed Navision Client SP1, including EP component (pg.6)
    - Installed Navision Database Server (servername=LON, network protocol=TCP/IP, database=database.fdb)
    - Created user NEP_User with administrator's rights
    - Started Navision Server under NEP_User account
    - Installed NAS with EP components, AppServerName=LON-CLASSIC (pg.7)
    - Set up user profile for NAS (Properties -> LogOn -> This Account -> NEP_User) (pg.8-9)
    - Installed EP Front End components (pg.10-14)
    - Started NAS from NAS Manager (startupparameter=NEP_User)
    - Opened http://localhost/default.aspx, added Card Web Part for NEP.

Then if I click "Modify Shared Web Part" I receive an error "Communication error (10114): No reply received from Back End System (Time Out)."

](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    And did you create the setting for the NAS in Navision? (Administration - Application setup - Employee portal - Application Server Setup)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    I have the following settings in Application Server Setup Card:

Code: NEP-1
    Use Encryption: No
    Use Compression: No
    Front End Processing: Yes
    Request Queue: .\private$\nep_request_queue
    Reply Queue: .\private$\nep_reply_queue
    Handle Key Exchange: No

What I have to set up else? Is it necessary to use encryption or compression?

Thanks.
  • Options
    lalailalai Member Posts: 9
    Your NAS StartupParameter must be the same as your Application Server Setup code wich in your case is NEP-1.
  • Options
    Yes, it's helped, thank you so much! :)
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,089
    [Topic moved from Navision forum to Navision e-Commerce forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    elliscgelliscg Member Posts: 12
    lalai wrote:
    Your NAS StartupParameter must be the same as your Application Server Setup code wich in your case is NEP-1.

I'm having this same problem and have double checked all the options listed except this Startup Parameter.
    Can someone explain to me how to check this please??
  • Options
    norbipnorbip Member Posts: 5
    elliscg wrote:
    lalai wrote:

I'm having this same problem and have double checked all the options listed except this Startup Parameter.
    Can someone explain to me how to check this please??

1. in NAV go to Employee Portal -> Application Server setup
    2. open NAS application server manager, add your server (right click on AppServer for MS Dyn. NAV Manager then New). there will be a textfield for configuring NAS startup parameter.