Options

Navision 3.56 and Windows 2000

IngaInga Member Posts: 4
edited 2000-02-25 in Navision DOS
Where are any problems when Navision works on Windows 2000 platform? Did anybody try?

Comments

• Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Here is some information we received from our local NTR:
    <START QUOTE>
    3. Printing Problems In NAVISION 3.56a When Upgrading To Windows 2000

Question

I'm upgrading from Windows 95/98 to Windows 2000. I'm running Navision 3.56a (with upgrade: navin.exe 32bit). Will I still be able to print from a DOS printer port?

Answer
    Yes, but not immediately after the upgrade. You'll have to do the following:

At the DOS prompt, type "Net Use LPT2: //[ServerName]/[PrinterName]". You might need to reboot your computer.

LPT2 is the name of the DOS printer port that you want to assign the printer to. Note: the printer port name might be something different in your environment.

4. Upgrading To Windows 2000 When Running NAVISION 3.56a

Question

I'm running NAVISION 3.56a (with upgrade: navin.exe 32bit). Can I upgrade my platform to Windows 2000 without destroying NAVISION 3.56a?

Answer
    If you are performing an upgrade to Windows 2000 from Windows 95 or Windows 98, you will need to back up your "host" file. This is located in the "windows" directory.

After the upgrade, you must copy the "host" file back into the "winnt\system32\drivers\etc" directory.

If you don't, you will be unable to connect to the server using a TCP/IP protocol.

Upgrading from Windows NT didn't introduce any problems.
    <END QUOTE>
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)