How can I decrypt a text with MD5 in Navision

Iwan_JauchIwan_Jauch Member Posts: 35
Hi everybody

I can encrypt data in navision with the 'NFEncrypt 1.0 Type Library'.Encrypt ! How can I decrypto the encrypted data with this function? or with another navision function?

Thanks for your help!
Greetings Iwan

Comments

• Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    MD5 is not meant to be decrypted. Here is a definition of MD5:
    [The MD5 algorithm] takes as input a message of arbitrary length and produces as output a 128-bit "fingerprint" or "message digest" of the input. It is conjectured that it is computationally infeasible to produce two messages having the same message digest, or to produce any message having a given prespecified target message digest. The MD5 algorithm is intended for digital signature applications, where a large file must be "compressed" in a secure manner before being encrypted with a private (secret) key under a public-key cryptosystem such as RSA.

You need to use some encryption dll/ocx that are available on the Internet.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Iwan_JauchIwan_Jauch Member Posts: 35
    Hi Luc

Thanks a lot for your help. I will search a dll in the internet!

Best regards,
    Iwan
  • Scott_FrappierScott_Frappier Member Posts: 90
    I know that this is an old post, but if anyone looks, you can use the Navision Attain Hash Automation control to create MD5 in Dynamics NAV.

I'm using it to integrate with a support website that stores it's passwords in the MD5 format.

Enjoy!

- Scott
    Scott Frappier
    Vice President, Deployment Operations

Symbiant Technologies, Inc.
    http://www.symbiantsolutions.com
  • AsallaiAsallai Member Posts: 141
    Hi All,

I found this post. Anybody has MD5 dll or ocx? Or any Dynamics NAV internal method? :shock:
    Thank you.
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    autMD5   Automation    'Navision Attain Hash 1.0'.HashCalculator

CREATE(autMD5);
    MESSAGE(autMD5.CalculateMD5('a'));

No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)