Options

Navision 4.0 SP1 NAS not default port

spudnaciousspudnacious Member Posts: 12
edited 2006-01-06 in Navision e-Commerce
I have spent the last 6 hours trying to find an answer as to why the Employee Portal wont connect to the NAS. Our database is Native format running on port 7500 due to port availability issues. This works fine for the clients but, I get an ECONNREFUSED error trying to start the NAS. The server, clients and NAS are setup for TCPS, the default port has a v.2.60 server running on it that cant be shutdown. The host and services files have the correct settings. The NAS is meant to communicate with the EP through MSMQ, but only the reply queue gets created. I'm also getting a combination of backend server unavailable and message queue not found error within SharePoint. The database server and NAS and MSMQ are installed on one server called FINANCE. IIS, SHAREPOINT and another instance of MSMQ are installed on the other server called SECONDARY. Hotcopy works successfully indicating that the host and services files are setup correctly. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Never over estimate the intelligence of the end user...Nothing is ever obvious.

Comments

• Options
    IHateLinuxIHateLinux Member Posts: 223
    Hi,

i have never had problems with the NAS not connecting to the database (and even when the both are running on the same machine).

But for the communication setup for EP i have the following recommondations:

First of all:
    - MSMQ has to be installed on BOTH machines (seems to be done)

My assumptions:
    - FINANCE (NAS) has IP 192.168.0.1
    - SECONDARY (SharePoint) has IP 192.168.0.2

You have on FINANCE the following queue:
    .\private$\nep_request_queue

You have on SECONDARY the following queue:
    .\private$\nep_reply_queue

Result:
    This should be the configuration in Navision:
    x Checkmark in "Front End Processing" (==TRUE)
    x Request Queue: .\private\nep_request_queue
    x Reply Queue:
    FormatName:DIRECT=TCP:192.168.0.2\private$\nep_reply_queue

This should be the configuration in web.config on SharePoint:
    <add key="JobQueues" value=
    "FormatName:DIRECT=TCP:192.168.0.1\private$\nep_request_queue"/>

<add key="ReplyQueues" value=
    "FormatName:DIRECT=TCP:192.168.0.2\private$\nep_reply_queue"/>

Notes:
    I added some breaks for better display

Instead of using
    - DIRECT=TCP:192.168.0.X
    you may also use
    - DIRECT=OS:MACHINENAME

The queue names have to match, so it is not important that the queue name is nep_reply_queue, you may also use something like nep_reply or MyReply,...

The code of the NAS has to start with NEP- and has to match in Navision and on the NAS-SnapIn-MMC-StartUpParameter.

HTH,
    Rainer
  • Options
    spudnaciousspudnacious Member Posts: 12
    I found that post earlier and have tried that. one problem I have is that the nep_request_queue is missing from the MSMQ. When is this created, during runtime or during installation? The message queues wouldn't affect the inability of the NAS to start, would it?
    Never over estimate the intelligence of the end user...Nothing is ever obvious.
  • Options
    IHateLinuxIHateLinux Member Posts: 223
    Hi,

the message queues should be created during installation. But you may also create them manually. They are not created during runtime.

When you have configured the NAS to run NEP and he is missing a queue you will notice an error message in the event log. But in general NEP has nothing to do with the correct NAS start up when the NAS tries to connect to the database.

HTH,
    Rainer
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,090
    [Topic moved from Navision forum to Navision e-Commerce forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!