Options

2.6 standard DB migration into SQL DB

pcicconepciccone Member Posts: 14
edited 2005-12-01 in Navision Financials
During a test run of a SQL upgrade of our Navision 2.6 product we encountered some bad dates (expressed as 01/01/0025, etc). We have come to learn (from reading these forums) that this has happened to several other users as well.

In response to this problem a codeunit 104015 was developed contained within the migrate.fob to find the problems and create a new codeunit to repair them all aimed at allowing an error-free SQL migration.

I was very excited to read that we can repair these problems with this code since we don't own a developers license. However, when I attempted to run the codeunit after compiling it we received a "You don't have permisisons to run this object" message (even under a SUPER role account).

I don't know if I have provided enough information for someone to help us, but is their any reason we should / could not run the migrate.fob's codeunit to analyze our database tables?

Sadly, our solution provider does not even know what this migrate.fob is, or even heard of the "upgtk" upgrade toolkit. All they continue to do is offer "support on a billable basis" or "run under the direction of a Certified Navision Developer. You are possibly messing with the integrity of your FASB and GAAP compliant Accounting Data."

I appreicate your time in reading my cry for help.

Comments

• Options
    bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    The objects contained in migrate.fob require a developer license to run. If your NSC is unfamiliar with the SQL upgrade process perhaps they can assist you in finding another NSC to assist. Another option would be to acquire the solution developer granules (expensive). Either way, I would expect to incur some expense. (This is not a hobby).
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • Options
    pcicconepciccone Member Posts: 14
    Can you recommend any solution developers that might be able to assist in an area such as this? Remote access into our systems is easily accomplished so geographic location is not a problem.

Cost is the biggest problem for me as I have no money in the IT budget right now for this yet I need to get it done. I know a miracle :)