Options

Navision 2.60 ODBC small problem with a SELECT

hipogritohipogrito Member Posts: 13
edited 2005-11-21 in Navision Financials
Hi!

How are you doing?

We have a small problem and I wonder if someone here could give us some idea... it's not very important anyway but... curiosity killed the cat

From SQL Server 2000 DTS we're accesing Navision Financials via ODBC (2.60). We do normal selects to one table to extract its data. No problems here.

Now we want to extract data from just one table, but filtering data by crossing with another table:

select A.*
from table1 A, table2 B
where A.someKey=B.someOtherKey and someFilters here from table B.

I want to extract all the fields from table A and none from table B, and I don't want to write: select A.field1, A.field2, A.field3, etc.... cos there are 200 fields.

Normally I'll write

select A.*

but this gives me an error from the Navision ODBC....

The question is: does anybody know how to write this A.* in the select so I can get all the fields from table A and NONE from table B and the ODBC works fine?

Another solution would be doing a sub-select buuuuuuuuut, does Navision 2.60 ODBC admit subselects? I mean, I'm getting errors trying to do things like:

select *
from table1 A
where A.field1 IN (select B.field2TheSameAType from table 2 B)

It says that it expects identifiers after "("

errrrr...

I'm just used to Oracle SQL (I'm not a Navision developer) and this ODBC behaviour is quite strange, isn't it? maybe I'm missing something here....

Thank you,

Regards
Fran

Comments

• Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,098
    I know that the Navision ODBC does support the complete SQL-language. Probably this is one of the things that the Navision ODBC does not support.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!