Changing Vendor Posting Group in PO/PI

radianisradianis Member Posts: 49
Hi All,

I would like to ask how to change vendor posting during purchase invoicing.

Let say I have vendor A with default vendor posting group AB and account payable account 2100.

When I do Purchase Order, I select vendor A and would like to change vendor posting group AB to let say BC with different account payable account let say 2200.

I expect that when posting this transaction the account payables account should be 2200 not 2100 in the G/L Entry. But the fact that I get account 2100 (default account).

So I assume that vendor posting group change in Purchase Order (PO) or Purchase Invoice (PI) do not affect account payable account no. in G/L entry.

Any trick or tips to solve the problems ?

Comments

• Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    Have you tried adding the vendor posting group to the PO card and change it before posting?

Changing this value on de vendor before posting the PO won't affect the posting, the vendor posting group is already copied to de PO.
    EDIT: WHOOPS! Pushed submit twice. :oops:
  • radianisradianis Member Posts: 49
    I already change the vendor posting group in PO but it does not change anything.
    I do not change the vendor posting group in vendor card.
    So I assume, if I change it in PO before posting it will work.
    But too bad it is not.... :(
  • iceborgiceborg Member Posts: 67
    Did you Change the Vendor Posting Group in PO before registering the Lines?:-)
    I try both scenario.

changing vendor posting group before register the line and changing vendor posting group after register the line.

But still not work ... :cry:
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    My guess, in your version there is probably code that goes and gets them from vendor before posting.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
    I think you are right ara3n, but where can I find it ?

I already try to search it but I can not find it, any suggestion ?
    You can try codeunit 90-92, that's where I'dd put it.
  • skalpskalp Member Posts: 23
    Hi,

We also need to change the Vendor Posting Group on PO/PI, but in NAV 2009 SP1 this field is not editable.
    My question is what will happen if we enable this field and put it on the PO, so the user can change it.
    I guess that Microsoft disabled this field on purpose.

So, if we do the above, what will happen further, with payment, applying, ...

Any suggestion is appreciated, thank you
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    In case you somehow change the posting group while posting then it will create mismatch between Vendor Trial Balance and G/L control accounts.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • dansdans Member Posts: 148
    One suggestion is to create two vendors. When you need to change the Vendor Posting Group, you just need to change the Pay-to Vendor Code.
    Microsoft Certified IT Professional for Microsoft Dynamics NAV

Just a happy frood who knows where his towel is
    Thank you dans,

We will try to do that. In that case we will have two or more vendors (which are the same, except Vendor Posting Group)
    and when we will run for example Vendor Trial Balance report, filtering only these vendors.
    I was thinking also of adding a filed in the Vendor table, something like Parent Vendor and to filter Vendor Trial Balance by this field.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    ssingla wrote:
    In case you somehow change the posting group while posting then it will create mismatch between Vendor Trial Balance and G/L control accounts.

:thumbsup:
    David Singleton
    We decided to go with two vendors in this kind of situations, this is NAV way of solving the problem.

Thank you all