Options

Credit memos??

JTProJTPro Member Posts: 169
edited 2005-11-15 in Navision Financials
Hi all!!!

Maybe this will be obvious question, but still I need to know that.
Who can tell me how to make credit memos of sales invoice and purchase invoice? Can you tell me where I can find any quide about this topic?

Best regards
Navision Application Version: 4.0SP1
Navision Database Version: 4.0

Comments

• Options
    Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    You can use the "Copy Document" to make a credit memo of an invoice.

It is on the functions button of the credit memo
  • Options
    Hello Mark!!!

Thanks for answer. I've one more question. When we have Sales Order form, and we choose items, the inventory is updated. In the case of Sales Invoice form when we choose items to sell, inventory is left without any change. Meybe you know the way to force the update of inventory when we are making Sales Invoice? I know that I can programm that but I want to avoid modification on warehouse inventory - it is a little bit risky.

Best regards
  • Options
    Do you mean the Qty on Sales order field?

The Inventory is only updated when a sales order is posted, just like the invoices.

Maybe you can copy the Qty on Sales order field to a new Qty on Invoice field.

Or do you mean something else? You mention Warehouse but WMS is only introduced in 3.x isn't it?
  • Options
    Ok let's do it step by step!

Sales Order form contains subform called 'Item Information" (in case when we put item to sell), that include information about numeber of items available in particular location ("Availability" field). When we put number of items that we want to sell, "Availabilty" field is upadated.
    The same subform is visible inside of Sales invoice, but in this case when we put number of items that we want to sell, information on "Item Information" form is not updated, that in my opinion means it doesn't decrease number of available items. I would like to have this possibility of changing this number, and I'm wondering If it is possible to set up this somewhere inside od Navision 4.0, or I have to make programistic modification.
    I hope it is clear, now?

Best regards
  • Options
    Are you talking 4.0 or 2.x :shock:

This is the Financials forum :?
  • Options
    I mean 4.0 sorry!!!
  • Options
    Ok, so it is the infopane :wink:

Infopanemanagement uses AvailableToPromise.QtyAvailabletoPromise

from codeunit Available to Promise

You can make a copy of this function and modify this to your needs, then you will know for sure it does not change anything else in the application.