Options

Navision opens unfocusable Windows in Background

rthswrthsw Member Posts: 73
edited 2005-11-11 in Navision Financials
Hi Guys, here i got a nifty problem from now 2 customers of mine, i can't figure out by myself.

Description: Navision opens a new window by command, e.g. someone is pressing the menueitem Item in the Inventory-Menu. Navision opens the itemcard, but place it in BACKGROUND! The new open Window is visible over the Window-Menu, and over this menu you can also activate the window and use it like normal. But as you expectet, navision opens the form in foreground: No, navi doesn't do so.

This hapens only on newer xp-versions (>Sp2), the navisionversion is 2.65c (client and native server).
Does someone ever seen this strange behavement? i didn't found any in the forum about his, and i can't simulate this on my absolute state of Date XP (Autoupdate active), even if i do it step per step like the user.

By the way: it doesn't hapens any time! the same way sometimes triggers this misbehavement, mostly it does not.

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    it can be some problem with speed of the PC... Something like that you click the menu - it will gain focus and is "moved" to foreground (for case if the form is not the top one). But between that the OnPush is processed and the form is showed. And if the form is showed earlier that the main menu is moved to the top, you have problem.

Please, try this: If the form is called from Properties of the button, move this into C/AL code and try to use sleep for sleeping for some short time (500ms).

Try to use bigger object cache. I do not know why, but may be that it will help... :-)

It is simmilar like problem, when you are opening form from main menu in OnOpen or another trigger and you close this second form with ESC - in many cases the main menu is closed too... (for example after connecting to the database, it is OK, but after you close the main menu and open it second time without disconnecting, you have problem...)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.