The report has preview, but not prints

noelganoelga Member Posts: 6
Hello,
I have a report, im working with Sales Invoice Header and Sales Invoice Line, when i push the Preview button everything is fine, but when a try to print it the totals (Amount ), appear in "0.00" , what can i do to handle this??
Thank you all !!

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    just to be clear..

are you saying the proper totals ARE showing correctly during "preview" and are showing "0.00" when printing?
  • noelganoelga Member Posts: 6
    the lines "Amount" are shown in preview and are printed, but the header "Amount Including VAT" and "Amount" (which is placed in a footer) are just showed in preview, maybe there are properties allows me to change this, is supposed what i see in preview is the same that i see printed or not???what is the difference??
    thx Savatage
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    1) do you print to the standard printer? Preview uses the standard printer to generate the report. It is possible that the printer you're printing to has a pageskip on another moment, and you can make a total on a wrong moment.

2) do you have some code with
    CurrReport.PREVIEW

in it. This can calculate your total and when you don't print the code doesn't run.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• noelganoelga Member Posts: 6
    when i push the PREVIEW BUTTON the report run without problem, the 2 tables are Sales Invoice Header and Sales Invoice Line. The second has 2 lines, the "Amount" has a value in every line, this value is different zero, ok. Both "Amount" lines (Sales Invoice Line), are displayed in PREVIEW and are printed when i push the PRINT BUTTON, this does not happen with the "Amount" and "Amount Including VAT" in Header (Sales Invoice Header) this field value appears in ZERO 0.00 when i push the PRINT BUTTON, although in PREVIEW the "Amount" and "Amount" and "Amount Including VAT" in Header appears different of zero (100,452.02) .
    help me pleaseeeee [-o< ...thx
  • ngebhardngebhard Member Posts: 127
    Refering to kriki I wanna come back to standard printer, which needs to be checked first. Is the standard printer on the client, where the preview is shown, the same one that you are acutally printing on?!

Check this first. If not: change the standard printer to the one you are printing on and see the preview once more. Maybe the printer resizes the paper and there isn't enough space or anything for the correct amount.

Then see the coding of the report (as kriki mentioned as well) and check for some code starting with "CURRREPORT.PREVIEW". This indicates that there will be a different behaviour in printing or previewing. There needs to be a difference in any data item or in a section.

If you can't find anything, please come back to us. Last option would be to send the report to one of us. It is not easy to help without seeing the report. :)

Regards
    Nicole
    ProTAKT Projekte & Business Software AG
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Partner
    Bad Nauheim, Germany
    http://www.protakt.de
    http://twitter.com/protakt
  • NikkNikk Member Posts: 49
    Does anyone have any new ideas on this ?

I had a similar problem and only got the print out to work by disabling the Preview function... :?: