Options

Warehouse Management / Trade & Inventory exams

temtemtemtem Member Posts: 5
My company wants to start reselling Navision and they've decided that it would give additional credibility to have me obtain a Master Certification in Navision Application. They want me to take the Warehouse Management, Trade & Inventory, and Service Management exams.

I'm a developer here and have no background in accounting, warehousing, inventory, etc. I did manage to pass the Financial Series exam last week.

If anyone has taken these other exams, I'd be interested in knowing what they were like. Were the exam preparation descriptions, where they list the percentage of questions in each category, accurate?

I thought I'd study for the Warehouse exam first. The course study requirments include Inventory as well as Warehousing. Are there many questions relating to general inventory practices on the Warehouse exam?

I'm taking the e-Learning courses and have ordered the courseware materials (Trainer pack). Are there any other study guides that I should know about? The training classes aren't offered in our area, so that's not an option.

If anyone has any materials that they'd be willing to share from your own studies I'd be most appreciative.

Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    hecaheca Member Posts: 28
    To get an aplication master I have taken all the exams you mentioned. I think you should know that the warehouse exam is the hardest one, probably because of bad quality in that training material. There are not many questions at all on normal inventory procedures in the warehousing exam.
  • Options
    temtemtemtem Member Posts: 5
    Maybe I'll take the Trade & Inventory exam first, then!

What materials did you use to study from? Were you already pretty familiar with the inventory and warehouse functions in Navision?

Do practice exam questions exist anywhere? The on-line tutorials don't contain the final exam review questions as they did with the Financial Series tutorials. I found those extremely helpful for studying.

Could you estimate the ratio of general knowledge questions to how-to questions?

Thanks!
  • Options
    hecaheca Member Posts: 28
    I only used the traning material, 8362A, 8390A for "Inventory and trade" and 8387A (and 8390A there too) for warehouse management. I hope you can log on to partnersource to get the percentage of questions on each chapter.
    To my recollection, the majority of questions were quite general, in that respect that they tried to verify that you had grasped various Navision concepts like "Stock keeping units" etc. In warehousing there is also a lot of focus on different possibilities to set up or use the system depending on how complex your warehouse handling is.

Good luck! =D>
  • Options
    ShenpenShenpen Member Posts: 386
    What is this Master stuff? I have 4 exams but never heard about this master stuff.

Do It Yourself is they key. Standard code might work - your code surely works.
  • Options
    StefnieStefnie Member Posts: 7
    Yeah, what is Master certification? I have Fin Man, Serv. Man, CRM, and Warehouse Man. Do I qualify?
    stefnie6@hotmail.com
    Golden Angel Wings - learner
  • Options
    abhishekjain333abhishekjain333 Member Posts: 3
    Hi All,

Following is the criteria for attaining the Master Certification (More Details can be had on Partnersource):

Certified Master–Navision Application 4.0 W1
    (4 Exams required)

Mandatory exams:
    1. Navision Financials

Elective exams (3 required):
    • Navision Relationship Management
    • Navision Manufacturing
    • Navision Service Management
    • Navision Commerce Gateway
    • Navision Warehouse Management
    • Navision Trade & Inventory
    • Navision Costing

Certified Master - Navision Development 4.0 W1
    (4 exams required)

Mandatory exams:
    1. Navision C/SIDE Introduction
    Formally known as Navision Programming
    2. Navision C/SIDE Solution Development
    Formally known as Navision Development

Elective exam (2 required)
    • Navision Financials
    • Navision Warehouse Management
    • Navision Manufacturing
    • Navision Installation & Configuration
    • Navision Trade & Inventory

Congratulations to those who have qualified. You can have the Master Certificates from Microsoft.

Best wishes to those who intend to achieve Master Certification.

Regards,

Abhishek
  • Options
    ShenpenShenpen Member Posts: 386
    Does anybody know that what version must one have? If they accept 3.6 I qualify for Dev. Mast. \:D/

Do It Yourself is they key. Standard code might work - your code surely works.
  • Options
    quiNavquiNav Member Posts: 17
    Hi,

Is there an actual Master Certificate in paper or if you take enough of the required exam, you consider yourself as Master of..?

I've already passed:
    1) Navision C/SIDE Introduction
    2) Navision C/SIDE Solution Development
    3) Navision Installation & Configuration
    4) Navision Trade & Inventory

==> I'm qualified as Certified Master - Navision Development 4.0 W1

I've received all the individual certifications for the tests that I passed but Never heard or received a Master Certification from Microsoft!

If there is an actual Master Certificate, what do I need to do to get it?

Thanks alot
  • Options
    Joseph_Abou_NaderJoseph_Abou_Nader Member Posts: 150
    I was told to send an email to mbscert@microsoft.com in order to get my masters certification. Actually I have finished the exam for the Masters-Installation and configuration. YES, you get an actuall certificate, but it takes time to be shipped.

Just send an email to mbscert@microsoft.com and wait for them to reply...put in your email, the exams that you have passed and your NAVID#....

NB. I am still waiting for my certificate to reach lebanon, it was shipped one month ago from the US.

Good luck
    Joseph Abou Nader
    MCLC,MCT,MCITP,MCTS,MCSA,MCP
    You will never know what power you have until you take decisions in a hard time.
  • Options
    xavigepexavigepe Member Posts: 185
    Hi Quinav,

I saw that you pass the Instalation & Configuration Exam. I must go to do it the next month. Could you give me a examples of questions?

Thank you very much,

Xavi
  • Options
    nidhi_erpnidhi_erp Member Posts: 8
    hello there!!!
    sir i am Planning to apear for the trade and inventory exam.Plz pass me with Required Pdfs .

thank you.
    nidhi jain
    erp functional consultant
    team computers
  • Options
    paul_navisionpaul_navision Member Posts: 64
    I passed Dev I & II and Financial in Nav 4.0. If anyone need help about exam, u can contact me in the address below-
    p.subhasish@gmail.com

Regards

Paul
    Dynamics Nav Functional Consultant