we have a problem.
one of our customers, a retail store chain, has a native navision database installed in each of it's stores.
version 3.60 navision with landsteinar retail as an add-on
last week one of the stores databases crashed.
the size of the fdb file is set to 5 Gb and the average degree of usage is about 5 percent thru out the whole chain.
the corrupt database suddenly seemed to be full, 100 percent database used. this increase from a few hundreds of MB to 5 GB couldn't be linked to any unusual activity. the amount of data entered into the application was the same as in any other given day and no special jobs weren't scheduled or executed.
the database was expanded with 3 GB (huge, i know) and then the usage dropped accordingly. now it seemed that two thirds of the database size was in use ( 5/8 ). at some point during that day, the computer which serves as a server was restarted.
after restart, surprise surprise, the database used jumped to 8 Gb i. e. 100%.
i expanded it again myself with another 500 MB in order to see the miracle and i witnessed it growing again to 100 % after restart.
at this point i was sure that something in the database is corrupt and it deceives me.
after useless investigation, i've declared a disaster and we've put to work the disaster recovering policy. we've restored a back up made in the previous night and that was all.
the bad news struck us today, five days later to that incident, when we were noticed that a second database crashed in the same way.
i've searched the forums and i've found this guy which seemed to have the same issue a few years ago.http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... se+pointer
if you could spend some minutes and shed some light into this matter, i'll be very thankfull
hope i was clear, looking forward for your replies