stop navision service on NT

lreinaxlreinax Member Posts: 34
edited 2007-05-22 in Navision Financials
Hi all,
I have a script to stop navision service and start it again.
I run the script everydays at night but since a few days the service stops O.K, but it can't be started again.

Thanks

Comments

• abelenguerabelenguer Member Posts: 7
    I'm getting the same error, did you solve the problem?

Thanks!
    Regards,

Toni Belenguer
  • Fred_DeutschFred_Deutsch Member Posts: 51
    Might help to show the scripts.

Also is there anything in the Event Log ?
    Hello Fred,

the scripts is very simple. Only contains this line:

net start "Financials Server XXXXX"

A task run the script. We are using as user the domain administrator.

In other installation it happened to me something like that and i solved it configuring "Local Security Policy"/"Local Policies"/"User Rights assignment"/"Logon as a batch job". I've tried the same but it doesn't works :(

Do you have any idea?

Toni Belenguer
    Regards,

Toni Belenguer
  • Fred_DeutschFred_Deutsch Member Posts: 51
    Are you seeing anything in the event log ? Any errors should be logged there. There is a way to manually start the server which may show you what exactly is going wrong, consult your versions documentation for exact details, it's something like this:

server cache=4096,commitcache=[yes/no] ,servername=[your choice], nettype=[tcp/netb] ,database=[path to database file]
    Hello Fred,

i don't see any errors in the event log. In fact, i always have a warning when the task works but i have nothing when the task fails.

It happens something stranger. If you put the password in the task, the task will run only once.

If i launch the script manually it will work. The same will happen if you launch the task with right click - run.

I still think that it's a problem with the rights of the user. I'm searching for something wrong in the policies of the domain.

Does it give you any idea?
    Regards,

Toni Belenguer