Options

Financials Exam

temtemtemtem Member Posts: 5
After months of angst and frantic studying I passed this exam yesterday and thought it might help others if I posted some general information on the exam:

If you haven't taken any of these exams before (I hadn't) you might be wondering about what it's like. You'll be asked to sign agreements stating that you won't share the exam questions, etc. You'll also be asked to leave your personal belongings behind, and given an erasable pen and laminated sheets for you to make notes on. You have the opportunity to skip questions, go back and review, etc. within the 90 minutes of the exam. When you're done, you'll be told your score but not how you did on each specific question.

I tried to keep track of the number of questions in each category, but I can only really estimate.

The exam is 90 minutes long, 68 questions. 70% is passing (48 questions). All questions do not have only one correct answer. i.e. there are questions with more than one correct answers (check boxes in place of radio buttons).

It's divided into 5 categories:

Dimensions, Journals, & Posting Groups (19 questions)
Payables, Receivables and Fixed Assets (@21 questions)
General Ledger and Taxes (@11 questions)
Multicurrency and Resources and Jobs (@10 questions)
Analysis and Reports (@7 questions)

There were more questions than I expected on VAT, Resources, and Jobs (probably 6 or 8 on them combined), and the questions on account schedules and analysis views were pretty detailed. I recognized some of the questions from the on-line tutorials, but I wouldn't use just those questions to study from.
I used this posting from someone else, and would agree with it:

Study and prepare the following areas thoroughly:
a) Dimensions, Dimension Combinations, Analysis by Dimension.
b) VAT and VAT Registration.
c) Recurring Journals.
d) Currency and Exchange Rates.
e) Fixed Assets, Insurance and Depreciation.
f) Applying and Unapplying Entries (Customer & Vendor).
g) Reversal of Journal Postings.
h) Resource and Job Journals.

I hope this is helpful to others who may be preparing for this exam.