Export objects

jbjb Member Posts: 2
Is it possible only to export objects (Text format) you have permission to use?

Customers who have bought Application builder and Solutions Developer can not export objects they dos not have permission to use. They get a lot of errors when they try.

It would be nice if you could mark objects you have permission to use and then export then marked objects.

Comments

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Well that's exactly what you can do. Mark the objects that you have permission to and export those. There is nothing in the system that just skips the ones you don't have permissions to though, it just errors out. It's a pain to do, but it's the only way I'm afraid.

You could put some type of identifying tag in the version list, so all you need to do is set a filter on that field from the object designer. That's what I use to quickly get to the objects of a certain modification. So let's say I put my initials in the version list of the objects that interest me for some reason. Then all I need to do is set a filter (*DR*) on the version list and I only see the objects that have my initials in that field.
  • Timo_LässerTimo_Lässer Member Posts: 481
    I have such a report to mark all licensed objects.

You can download it here.
    The page will be displayed in german but the report is multilanguage enabled.
    Timo Lässer
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer since 1997
    MSDynamics.de - German Microsoft Dynamics Community - member of [clip]
  • Timo_LässerTimo_Lässer Member Posts: 481
    [Download link updated]
    Timo Lässer
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer since 1997
    MSDynamics.de - German Microsoft Dynamics Community - member of [clip]