Options

Permissions

knightknight Member Posts: 45
edited 2003-03-11 in Navision Financials
Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone out there knows exactly how assigning explicit permissions to a Report or Form works within Navision?

For example.. only a select few ppl have been given access to a User Role that has modify permission to the custom table 50001 Contracts...

however..

I need to allow almost all users to run a particular report that modifies the contract table.. so I have tried to assign explicit permissions on the report for 50001 Contracts rimd (Read/Insert/Modify/Delete). It doesn't seem to work however... it seems when trying to assign permissions via reports or forms.. Navision follows some certain guidelines that I am uncertain about..

Can anyone help?? Thanks.

Simon Kuldin
Information Outlook

Comments

• Options
    HenryHenry Member Posts: 18
    I think the explicit permission 'Execute Permission' on the report for 50001 Contracts should be enough.
  • Options
    knightknight Member Posts: 45
    Thanks for the suggestion... but perhaps I didn't understand it properly.. but I'm still having more issues trying to assign explicit modify permissions via the Report Property (Permissions).. any other suggestions?
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    You need to set explicit permissions on the Contract table to give rimd rights to your report. I haven't tested this to see if users that don't have direct access to the table itself can then run the report and modify the contract table via the report, but that is basically how the permissions on the ledger tables work. Users don't have any insert/modify rights to them directly, but they can post transactions because the posting routines have access to the ledger tables.

So go into your table and give your report rimd rights to it.