Options

Migration of Commerce Portal to a new Server Platfom

meikcremermeikcremer Member Posts: 7
edited 2005-10-27 in Navision e-Commerce
Hi Everyone,

does anyone have any experience in migrating an existing Commerce Portal Solution from Windows 2000 to Windows 2003 (Servername has also changed)? The Commerce Server version is 2000.

The pup-package has been implemented succesfully. The problem right now seems to be that the job queue is not being processed by the NAS.

The NAS is installed on a separate machine, the queues are set up on the webserver and are adressed on the NAS with "OS:Servername". (ping with Servername works fine).

Has anyone had similar problems?

Best regards
Meik Cremer

Comments

• Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Did you make sure that the messages queues are non-transactional?
  • Options
    IHateLinuxIHateLinux Member Posts: 223
    Hi,

AFAIK it is not possible (or supported) that Commerce Server 2000 is running on Windows Server 2003. You have to use Commerce Server 2002.

But as far as you say the PUP has been extracted successfully :D

For the queues:
    The Job Queue has to be on the NAS machine, so that the NAS can read locally from it. You may perhaps try to access the remote queue by a small VB or .NET program to see if you have the proper permissions, because Security in Windows 2003 is harder than ever before.

HTH
    Rainer
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Oh right commerce PORTAL..... no I have not been able to make that work on Win2K3. I was involved in a beta class (thank god not in a customer implementation) and during that class I was on the phone with MS support for almost two entire days and we could not get it to work. But they kept saying "honestly, we have it working in our lab".

I am surprised that there are very few postings about this, so maybe I just got unlucky or had a bad install.