Onlinehelp files

chris0211chris0211 Member Posts: 2
Hello,

i want to know, how i can assimilate a selfe made part of onlinehelp into the standard onlinehelp.

i tried to copy the new file into the navision folder were the original help files are saved. when i started the program next time, navision compiled the helpindex automaticly. but the new part ist not integrated in standart online help.

has anybody a another idea?

The answer ist very important for me, because i must integrated the new parts absolute on monday.

Thank you all!

Oh, i forgott... this all is in navision 4.00!

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    1) The file must be named "addin_a.chm" or "addin_b.chm" etc.
    2) You need to have "addin_a.hh" file (generated by Gate macro)
    3) You need to copy the files into ENU (or another language) folder
    4) The pages must be named in this way - F_55000.htm or T_55021_21.htm etc.
    5) All is described in Creating Navision Online Help.chm

You do not need RoboHelp for this. I created the help with HTML editor and the standard Gate macro and Microsoft HTML help compiler. (with help of some objects in Navision which generate the templates for the objects you select from the DB...)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • gjgarciasmgjgarciasm Member Posts: 47
    kine wrote:
    1) The file must be named "addin_a.chm" or "addin_b.chm" etc.
    2) You need to have "addin_a.hh" file (generated by Gate macro)
    3) You need to copy the files into ENU (or another language) folder
    4) The pages must be named in this way - F_55000.htm or T_55021_21.htm etc.
    5) All is described in Creating Navision Online Help.chm

You do not need RoboHelp for this. I created the help with HTML editor and the standard Gate macro and Microsoft HTML help compiler. (with help of some objects in Navision which generate the templates for the objects you select from the DB...)

Hi,

I need integrate my own help project with Navision standard ENU help project. I followed instructions in Creating Navision Online Help.chm and NOHG.pdf.

I obtained my name_a.chm and name_a.hh where name is the name of my project. This help compiled file works as an standalone file.

After that, I tried compiling name_a.chm with GATE macro marking master.chm as my master project and everything was correct.

When I try open with F1 key help for one of my fields or objects, the main help file master.chm is open with an Standard Internet Explorer Error saying that my page can not be shown. In addition doesn´t appear any book in TOC related to my "name" new help file.

The next test was use ShowHelpID parameter in my Navision Client Shortcut and I discovered that the topic (HTML page) is being looked for in a project called "template", not in my "name" project. I remember that "template" is the name of the template project supplied in NAvision tools CD. I´ve reviewed all my files and I haven´t seen template word in any place. :shock:

Please, do you know what can be wrong in my help project? :?

Another question, Is it needed to compile master.chm having all standard topics for completing this integration?? I mean, I haven´t got source files for standard help projects...

Thank you!!!
    Your help file MUST be named addin_a or addin_b - it is the base...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    kine wrote:
    Your help file MUST be named addin_a or addin_b - it is the base...

Hi,

Do you mean that it´s mandatory call help files literally like "addin_a.htm" and "addin_a.hh" ? :shock:

I understood from NOHG.pdf that instead addin yo could use a name as you will. I thought that you only had to respect a final sufix "_letter" (being letter from a to j).

Thank you !
    gjgarciasm wrote:
    Do you mean that it´s mandatory call help files literally like "addin_a.htm" and "addin_a.hh" ? :shock:

Yes, I mean that. Try it. I am using it in this way without problems. I think it is problem of predefined links in master help. How you can include some help file in another, if you do not know the name of this file?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Part of one issue from PartnerGuide:
    Adding locally developed help

Please read the Navision online help guide (NOHG.PDF) for complete instructions on this. Below is a brief description of what to do.

In order to get the locally developed help projects to work correctly, you must add the NSHelp.VBS as a baggage file in RoboHelp:
    1. Open the project in RoboHelp
    2. Right-click on the Baggage Files
    3. Select New Baggage File
    4. Navigate to the file NSHelp.vbs and add it to the project

In order to add any locally developed help projects to the base help, you must add a line in Master.hhp file - in the section called [MERGE FILES]. Do as follows:
    1. Open Master.hhp using Notepad
    2. Find the section [MERGE FILES]
    3. Add the following text: name_of_help_project.chm
    4. Save and close

Open the file Gate.txt using Notepad. Find the section [Project Titles] and add the following line:
    Name_of_help_project = Local name of project

Compile the project in the same way as the base help.

Dummy help projects

A number of dummy projects have been added to the master project. The projects are called:
    · addin_a.chm
    · addin_b.chm
    · addin_c.chm
    · addin_d.chm
    · addin_e.chm
    · addin_f.chm
    · addin_g.chm
    · addin_h.chm
    · addin_i.chm
    · addin_j.chm
    You can use one of these projects if you need to add help projects. The compiled file (*.chm) and *.hh file will need to use one the addin file names. This does not affect the title of the help project you create.

As you can see, you can use another project name, but you need to have master file (source files for the standard help). If you do not have this source (master.hhp), you can use the dummy projects prepared in the standard help. This is a MUST since 3.10 (may be 3.60).
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Hi,

thank you Kine!!

I will try it now. I will tell you. :D
    Hi,

thank you very much again, Kane !!!

I made it. It works !!!! :D
  • Chandan_kansalChandan_kansal Member Posts: 27
    Hi all,
    What Naming convention should be used after addin_j for making 0nline help for Navision.
    Actually i m developing help for different functionalities and i hv made addin_a to addin_j.chm files. i need to make another chm files but i don't know what shud be the base names of another chm files.
    pls do a favour.
    Many thanx in advance.
  • DriesDries Member Posts: 29
    Hi

Your based name as it says in the help files should look like this

addin_x

The x must be between the letter a and j. thus it can be c or e or f.

I've build up different chm files for customers.

It's very easy.

Success.