No permission Using C/ODBC driver

Sjaak_van_EsdonkSjaak_van_Esdonk Member Posts: 3
edited 2009-03-05 in Navision Financials
I'm currenttly trying to connect to a Navision Database with C/ODBC drivers but when i try to link to the datasource is get an error message telling me that i have no permissions. When i strat NF on my computer and login with the same account everything works correct. Anyone know a solution for the problem?

Comments

• Edward_BloomfieldEdward_Bloomfield Member Posts: 155
    Hello,

Do you have the ODBC granule on your Navision licence? If you go to your licence information, do you have granule 1,700 C/ODBC listed? If not you will need to contact your NSC to purchase it. By the way, what does the permission error message say? Hope this helps!

<small>[ 15-08-2002, 10:56: Message edited by: Edward Bloomfield ]</small>
    Edward Bloomfield

Lead Consultant
    Theta
  • Sjaak_van_EsdonkSjaak_van_Esdonk Member Posts: 3
    The 1700 C/ODBC line is in the licence file. The no permission message does not contain any more information (e.a [Navision Financials ODBC Driver] - No permission
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    When you click on the Company button in the ODBC datasource, do you see a list of your companies? When this doesn't work, there is something wrong with your connection to the server/database. Try with a local database first (make sure that the license file on your client contains the C/ODBC granule).
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Edward_BloomfieldEdward_Bloomfield Member Posts: 155
    Hello,

Are you a super user? If not, your user ID may need the permission to use ODBC tool within Navision - Do you have permission to use System 9130 C/ODBC on your user ID?
    Edward Bloomfield

Lead Consultant
    Theta
  • CdnNavCdnNav Member Posts: 10
    i am having the same issue.

I have the following setup:
    Server configuration
    windows server 2003
    sql server 2005
    navision 5.0 sp1

Client:
    windows xp sp3
    Nav ODBC 5.0 driver installed

When i establish an ODBC connection in excel for example and choose my company, i can get the full list of tables using a 'super' user.
    When i try with a regular user with these permissions
    Object Type Object ID Object Name Read Permission Insert Permission Modify Permission Delete Permission Execute Permission Security Filter
    Table Data 2000000006 Company Yes Yes
    System 9130 C/ODBC Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes

i only see the $ndo$srvproperty table

not sure what i am missing as per permissions in nav since the connection works for a super user.

Thanks