Check print report (1401)

alsolalsol Member Posts: 243
Hello there,
For US Check printing we are using a preprinted document where the check should be printed at the beginning of the first page.
The existing report (1401) prints first the list with the paid invoices and at the bottom of the page the check.
Because of the structure, it is not possible to easy change this.

Is there another report avaiable? Or any other ideas?

Best regards

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    cyberscout wrote:
    Hello there,
    For US Check printing we are using a preprinted document where the check should be printed at the beginning of the first page.

"Should be"? :-k We purchased the preprinted forms too and print at the bottom.

we use these: http://www.compuchecks.com/CheckBottom.htm

so it's not a US standard to have to use top printing checks.
  • alsolalsol Member Posts: 243
    Ah ok, I did not know that.
    But anyway, our customer want to keep his preprinted forms.

So I changed the whole report and actually it looks fine.

Thank you.

Regards
  • sharkssharks Member Posts: 22
    Another idea is to modify the check to NOT print any remitance advice lines and just to print on the actual check and then use a report like so http://www.kassinosdevelopers.com/donotdelete/report_50015_suggested_payments.zip which you can use to print the remitance on a separate A4 paper on a different printer even and then stick them together.
    Hi sharks,
    This could also be a solution. But I hope that they are happy with the new report. We will see, in November is GoLive.

Thanks for your help.

Regards
  • dasrabedasrabe Member Posts: 3
    hey cyber,

I've had the same experience with 2 different customers of mine that use Navision. By far the more common check format is to have the check at the top of the page from my experience.

At any rate, I've just been having customers order different printed checks. Did you ever have any luck creating a report with the check on top? Any chance you could send it or post it so I could see how you solved the problem for future reference? Thanks.
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Also added to this check topic for anyone who needs to know...

On the Check Report 1401 - It used to print 10 entries MAX before it create a new check. So I set MaxIteration to 25. now it prints 25 lines per page. works fine.

on the dataitem: Integer ->PrintSettledLoop
    Back to the problem with some more experiences:

I finished the report with the check in top and so far it works fine.

There is only one problem: our customer needs the payment advice twice in the bottom of the report (after the check). They need one of them for the vendor and the other one for their internal files. Now the problem is that I don't know how many lines the payment advice has and therefore how high the empty section must be before the second payment advice can be printed and everything fits on the perforated form.

Are there any ideas how to solve that? I know it is something with the Integer-section...

Regards,
    cyberscout
    well, if the check remitance lines are too much then automatically it sets VOID to the check and continues the remitance lines and check on the next page.
    A better approach is to NOT print any remitance lines (leave the section but delete the fields) and instead print just the check, this way you can suggest to your customer to print two checks on the same page, therefore cut the cost of checks paper (which is expensive) in half and just print how many remitance advince (1 or 2 or even more) using the report i suggested earlier.
    The last way is to have the printsettled dataitem twice, which will probably give you how many lines you have the first time and the second time you can print but in fact this is not a solution since if it's not enough it will print VOID on the check and continue to the next page.

anyways, i believe that the first solution is probably the best one, i have implemented it a lot of times, you look good towards the customer (saving money), it's flexible (print as many remitance advice lines reports and whenever you want) and easiest/fastest to implement.
    @sharks: thank you for your answer. In my opinion this would be the best solution at all, but our customer want to keep his form with one check section and two white sections for the payment advices.

Regards
    you are welcome my friend, at the end of the day, what the customer wants the customer gets.
  • DnealDneal Member Posts: 103
    A better approach is to NOT print any remitance lines (leave the section but delete the fields) and instead print just the check

I'm sorry to have to ask, but how do I get the report to stop printing extra void checks? I have deleted the fields for remitance lines in the section. No details show, yet it continues to print check pages. I have tried looking for the flag that sets this, but I'm having no luck. Hoping someone can help me.

Thanks kindly,
    Dneal
  • DnealDneal Member Posts: 103
    Nevermind. I just figured out what Savatage was referring to by MaxIteration.
    There is no end to the things I'm learning about Navision!

Dneal
  • bob_upbob_up Member Posts: 155
    Sadly, the link to sharks' report no longer works. Is it still possible to see it ?

Our client doesnt mind wasting cheque stationery. What bothers us is the fact that the cheque prints on the last page but the cheque number printed in the remittance heading is that from the first page. Also the 'Last Cheque No.' field is only incremented once, no matter how many pages are printed.