Change Amount rounding precision

FermiFermi Member Posts: 27
Hello friends!

I'd like to do one question to you. My customer (MBS 3.70) wants to set Amount rounding Precision to 0,0001. The actual value of Amount Rounding Precision is 0,01. When I try to do that, the system shows an error message related to posted entries. The customer also wants to change the Unit-Amount rounding from 0,01 to 0,0001, and the system has allowed this change without any problem.

It seems to be difficult, but does anybody knows any method to change the amount rounding precision avoiding that error?

I'll be grateful for any idea.

Thanks a lot.
Best Regards,

Manuel Barral Paul

Comments

• flfl Member Posts: 184
    Hi Fermi,

I just checked, and saw that the error you mentioned is built in by Navision. They always do a check if you change the amount rounding precision. During that check, any existing entry (G/L, item, job, resource,...) leads to that error. The only possibility is to disable that check in your table (table 98, field amount rounding precision, disable function roundingerrorcheck by placing // before).

Kind regards,

Francois
    Francois
    Consultant-Developper

http://www.CreaChain.com
  • FermiFermi Member Posts: 27
    Hello Francois.

First of all, thank you.

After this, do you think that disable that function will cause any future error in the database? I don't want the database will become damaged or corrupted.

Best Regards
    Best Regards,

Manuel Barral Paul
  • shilpareddyshilpareddy Member Posts: 28
    Hi,

Round(), by default, uses 0.01 as precision. If your customer wants to change the Unit-Amount rounding from 0.01 to 0.0001,
    update the code by changing Round function with the precision as 0.0001 in Code unit -80 for sales related ledger entries and
    Code unit -90 for purchase related ledger entries.

If u still have doubts let me know.
    With Regards,
    Shilpa Reddy
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    The error is there because any change of rounding precission can have impact. For example when you are recalculating something what was rounded, you can have different result (for example there are VAT entries which are calculated with some precision and now you calculate the value once more and you have different result)... and it can break consistency in some cases... it is why the change is not allowed in standard Navision...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • AndwianAndwian Member Posts: 627
    Fermi wrote:
    The actual value of Amount Rounding Precision is 0,01. When I try to do that, the system shows an error message related to posted entries.
    This is because the system check if there are any ledger entries created. This is by design.
    fl wrote:
    The only possibility is to disable that check in your table (table 98, field amount rounding precision, disable function roundingerrorcheck by placing // before).
    This is not recommended, since it will inconsistencies on existing entries like Kamil mention.
    If your customer wants to change the Unit-Amount rounding from 0.01 to 0.0001,
    update the code by changing Round function with the precision as 0.0001 in Code unit -80 for sales related ledger entries and
    Code unit -90 for purchase related ledger entries.
    Just alter the setup in General Ledger Setup.
    Regards,
    Andwian