Options

OKI vs WIN 2000

Stefan_LimpertStefan_Limpert Member Posts: 30
edited 2002-08-09 in Navision Financials
Hello,
i have some problems with OKI Matrix Printers under WIN 2000. Theres no chance to print in "German Fanfold" or any other "Fanfold" under NF 2.60. I choose the Printer in Windows as "Default" and the Property "PaperSize" in the Reports, but theres no Change. Then i saw a bad thing: The "default Papersize" in the Printerdriver is always "A 4". And there is no way to change this value. Do anybody know my problem? Is there any solution?
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    John_TegelaarJohn_Tegelaar Member Posts: 159
    Matrix printers and the Windows graphical printer drivers are no friends (and you don't want to print text as graphics...)

Probably the best solution will be to set up a new printer as Generic, Text Only.

John
  • Options
    pieterpostpieterpost Member Posts: 1
    Oke I may be a little bit late, but I solved the problem with the F#cking OKI printer driver.

Our configuration:

Printer: OKI 380
    Paper size: 12”

It is impossible to change the paper size to 12”. I’ve tried everything but nothing works…. So I’ve installed a Epson LQ 400 printer driver and everything works fine.

Even the slow printing, because of printing in a graphic mode, problem is solved.

Henry
  • Options
    todrotodro Member Posts: 117
    Hi,

starting with Win2000 (so it should work an XP too) you have global paper forms including the possibility to design new ones. Driver-depending custom-creation of forms is no longer supported.

If you open your printer window there is a menuitem called "Servereigenschaften" (or I guess "Server properties" in the english version) in the Datei/File Menu.

There you find pre-defined paper-sizes. This is also the place where you create new forms. You only have to create this form once and it can be used for all printers.

So, define your custom form, add a new printer and set default paper-size to your custom-created.

Bye, Torsten
    Torsten
    MCP+I, MCSE NT, Navision MCT (2004,2005)