Options

Financial Series exam

temtem2temtem2 Member Posts: 2
My company has just become a Navision reseller. One of the requirements is that someone (me) passes the Financial Series exam. I've gone through all the on-line tutorials, but would really appreciate some tips on how to best prepare for the certification exam. Microsoft doesn't provide much information or guidance, beyond a very general overview.

Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    If I were you I'd buy the training manuals and study those before taking the exam. They're pretty pricey, but if you're a solution center you'll use them again.
  • Options
    davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    I agree. I passed the Navision Financials version 4 test and you need to know the basics and the equivalent of 4 classes - which are available for about $500 for the trainers version which includes the DVD.
    There is a lot of material and the test will have questions from each area.
    It is not a difficult test if you know the material. The only difficulty is there is a LOT of material.
  • Options
    atarisataris Member Posts: 109
    Dude all i can say is get those manuals...you will need them. It touches on all sections but the main ones are General Ledger..eg. Acc Schedules, Budgets, Chart of Accounts( make sure you know fuctions in balance tab), Currencies(make sure you know this inside and out), learn S&R like no tomorrow and P&P. Make sure you have an understanding of Fixed Assests and Jobs and Resources.

Don't bother with VAT & Intrastat, XBRL, and Inventory and Costing. They don't dive into those in Navision 4.0 at all. One or two questions at the most.

Good luck you poor soul.
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,090
    [Topic moved from Navision Financials to Navision Exams & Certification forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    a_jitena_jiten Member Posts: 1
    davmac1 wrote:
    I agree. I passed the Navision Financials version 4 test and you need to know the basics and the equivalent of 4 classes - which are available for about $500 for the trainers version which includes the DVD.
    There is a lot of material and the test will have questions from each area.
    It is not a difficult test if you know the material. The only difficulty is there is a LOT of material.

Hi Guys,

I know this question might have been asked earlier too, and I am sorry if I am repeating it :-#

I Just want to know from where to Purchase DVD and preparation material?

Thanks guys

Jiten
  • Options
    atarisataris Member Posts: 109
    From partnersource website. The website sucks you can't find anything but try your best. You have to send of an email and ask for prices for all the manuals. I have just done this cause I want to start writing my development exams next year.

Good luck