Options

2 or more subforms in a form

RainerRainer Member Posts: 103
How do I create a form and put in, more than one subform with diff. tabledata?

Anyone help?

Rainer
Kind Regards

E-mail: info@rainerbay.dk

Comments

• Options
    SbhatSbhat Member Posts: 301
    You first create a card form with a driving table for example item. Then use the Tool and bring in subform and drop them with the card form linking with a another table for example item ledger entry, you can then again pick subform from tools and drop it within your card form linking it to item application entry. The catch is that you should have comman field that links between the parent and the two child subform. In this case Item. No. is linked to item ledger entry, Item No. and Item application entry Item no. You have now built 2 subform looking at 2 different table data.

Regards
    SB.
  • Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
  • Options
    It works so far, now I just need to place links between those 3 tables whitch I think is no problem.. lets see... :lol:
    Kind Regards

• Options
    I have 3 tables, means 3 forms as well:

Table A : Keyfield = N1
    Table B : Keyfields = N1, N2
    Table C : Keyfields = N1, N2, N3

I need to click on tables As record and see table B records, then i click on table B records and see what is in table C.

Tables beginning from Table A:

Table A-Record 01 (Click on this for an example)
    .. then I see those "under-records" linked to table A
    Table B Record 01
    Table B Record 02
    Table B-Record 03 (Click on this for an example)
    .. then I see those "under-records" linked to table B
    Table C Record 01
    Table C Record 02
    Table C Record 04

Possible?
    Kind Regards

• Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Not possible with click events, but with a timer event you can do it. Set the timer interval close enough and the user will never know the difference. Note that debugging a form with a timer event is REALLY annoying. Also know that it may be refreshing the form right in the middle of editing a record.

Take a closer look at the sample objects, there should be enough information in there to get you going.