Options

Can not running configurator for BA for Navision 4

Iqbal_FebrianoIqbal_Febriano Member Posts: 66
I have a problem when running configurator, it returned an error message
Filename "..(path and parameter of the configurator file)..." contains a character that may not be used.
Please check the file name. You can find additional information on file names in the documentation for your operating system

I made the attempt on two different machines. One machine is using Windows Server 2000, with SQL Server 2000 SP 3, the other one is Windows XP profesional with SQL Server 2000 client tools SP 3. Both returning the same error message. Anyone can help, please ?

Thanx in advance
Be fast, be straight, be quiet

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Try to place the configurator into path without spaces etc. (into some "simple" path),
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    I've tried it. Not just only the path, but also the parameter (database name, company name), I made it all simple, it still returned the same error message ](*,)
  • Options
    It seems the problem occured because I haven't update the objects related to BA. After I imported the new objects, the error message vanished, but now, new error message showed.
    Error during initialization
    Cannot open database requested in login (DB name).Login fails

When I installed the BA, I chose window authorization, and I use the database with database server authentication.
    Any helps will be appreciated

Thanx in advance