Options

NAD 2.0 -> 4.0 upgrade: Missing fields?

BrettBBrettB Member Posts: 3
I am in the process of upgrading a Navision Advanced Distribution 2.0 database to 4.0, via a 2.0 -> 2.01 -> 2.6 -> 3.6 -> 4.0 path (path verified by MS's support dept.).

I've run into a bit of a roadblock with the 2.6 -> 3.6 phase. Several of the NAD fields were discontinued or renumbered in 3.6. When I try to import the new 3.6 objects into the upgraded database I receive error messages as it cannot delete populated fields.

The documentation is vague about this. Am I supposed to merge all of the legacy fields to the new table objects? By default, the merge tool drops the old fields. Or is there another conversion step that I missed? Also, does the conversion process delete these fields later on in the process?

Thanks to all in advance,
Brett

Answers

• Options
    BrettBBrettB Member Posts: 3
    Just wanted to update everyone on this issue. It appears that I imported the 3.6 upgrade fobs in the wrong order. The 3.6 upgrade toolkit comes with the base financials upgrade objects as well as the NAD ones. It is very important that they are imported in this order.

Once I corrected this issue, the 3.6 objects imported correctly, and after much data crunching the 3.6 upgrade completed. The 4.0 upgrade was cake from there.

I am a little confused as to why one would suggest starting from scratch instead of going the upgrade route. The upgrade toolkits aren't perfect but they were sure a lot easier than trying to manually map the legacy data into import files.