PDF document

Frank_RaemakersFrank_Raemakers Member Posts: 25
Is there anybody who can help me with the next problem or has a example?

One of our customers has adobe 6.0 professional. I want to make a PDF file without all the request windows when I choose print.

The name of the pdf -file must be automatically filled f.i. : Invoice5002.pdf

Must I use the automation global : AdobePDFMakerX? And the classes of the automation?

Frank.

Comments

• SaalekSaalek Member Posts: 181
    Hi
    You can configure in printer selection, wich printer would you like to use to print PDF files from a specific report.

In the Properties of PDF printer (Normaly is Acrobat Distiller) , in Printer preferences, you have a tab called ADOBE PDF SETTINGS

Here, you must disable PROMP FOR THE PDF NAME.
    That disable the file name request window.

Now, if you print a report with this printer, automaticaly is created a PDF file with the report name. Now you can change this name using code.

Bye
  • libin80libin80 Member Posts: 24
    Hi Frank Raemakers & Saalek,

Did you find a solution to print the report in pdf format without the req. window using the Adobe pdf printer.

I have tried several option using "AdobePDFMakerX" automation, but everything is in Vein. ](*,)

I would be greatful if you could provide me with some sample code if you have.

Thanks in advance

Libin D
  • ta5ta5 Member Posts: 1,164
    Hi Libin
    The solution mentioned above doesnt use automation but it used a pdf printer. We have used it serveral times with different pdf printers. Normally it works like a charm, just make sure the pdf printer gets time enough to finish the output before you try to rename and the file.
    Hope this helps
    Thomas
  • libin80libin80 Member Posts: 24
    Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your reply. Could you provide with a sample code, all my attempts failed.
    I have setup the Adobe distler according to your suggession.

Thanks
    Libin D
  • mukshamuksha Member Posts: 274
    Hi Libin,
    There is a clue for you, first you write a code for assigning the report name on running the report for export to excel functionality. If you will get the success than the same will be applicable for print with the aforesaid settings.
    Mukesh Sharma