Options

Access & Navision

Tk421Tk421 Member Posts: 2
edited 2002-07-13 in Navision Financials
Hi!

Im spainsh so i dont know so much English. I hope you understand me.

I have to import / export databases between Access and Navision. I just know that I must use "Dataport" and "C/AL" languaje, but i dont have some tutorials or help.

Please, let me know how do it, show me resurces like tutorials.

Thaks you.

Comments

• Options
    Christian_BuehlChristian_Buehl Member Posts: 145
    Hi Ruben,
    there are some different possible ways to get interconnection to ms-access.
    First you can use the ODBC-Driver provided by Navision. But as you eventally know from other MS Products. I'ts not really a stable neither a fast connection, but it works most time. IMHO I recommend to use this ODBC-Driver only for read from Navision, not to write data into the system.

Another way is to create a dataport and export or import the data with an ASCII-File (CSV or what you want). Therefore make a new dataport (from the Object designer, select the table you want and then select from the view menu the dataport fields you want to export or import. There are many more features, but It's to much to describe in just some lines.

Greetings
    Chris
  • Options
    Lars_WestmanLars_Westman Member Posts: 116
    You can use ADO in Navision to accesss the MS Access Database. There's plenty of examples of this on this site and www.navision.net.

If You use SQL Server Option You can also set up DTS Packages which transfers data in both directions. This also works fine.

Both have advantages and disadvantages since one is client driven and the other is scheduled on server, but both methods works fine.

Regards

//Lars