In a jam with 2.6......

sgtpeppersgtpepper Member Posts: 6
edited 2005-09-30 in Navision Financials
Trying to help a customer out with an upgrade and he lost the Navision media. He is licensed up to 4.0 but for what I am doing I need the 2.6 media. I need to find v2.6 media somewhere and have been unable to get it. Can anyone help?

Comments

• Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    Hi,

I do not have a 2.60 US version for you, and it was removed from partnersource I think.

I may have an other option for you:

If you only need to take a look in the database you can open it in 3.x and choose the convert option.

This opens the 2.60 database in a 3.x shell, but with the 2.60 code-base.

It should also work with 4.x.

Just remember to take a copy of the orriginal database, because afterwards, you cannot open it in 2.60 again.
  • sgtpeppersgtpepper Member Posts: 6
    Hi,

I do not have a 2.60 US version for you, and it was removed from partnersource I think.

I may have an other option for you:

If you only need to take a look in the database you can open it in 3.x and choose the convert option.

This opens the 2.60 database in a 3.x shell, but with the 2.60 code-base.

It should also work with 4.x.

Just remember to take a copy of the orriginal database, because afterwards, you cannot open it in 2.60 again.

I have the 4.x media and have done the convert fine in regards to the native Navision database, the problem is that I am trying to move him to SQL and he does not have the developers license to hit "convert". The MBS person told me that he would have to convert the database in 2.6 then do the upgrade. That is why I am looking for the 2.6 media.
  • Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    Well, I guess my option is not an option then :(

I hope you'll find your 2.60 cd soon.
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    So go to your customer, with a USB flash drive that holds your developer license, load it up (use change, not upload or import) and convert your customer's database for them. Or, if you have access to something like Webex, you can do this online. You could RDP into their system if they will let you. Maybe they have Citrix setup.

Tons of possibilities, grab yours ;)
    Not a official developer......

Got the media from a "site" though and appreciate the help. Still need a developer's license to get an error corrected in order to move to SQL. The database has an error in a couple lines where the customer put the date 0000 rather then 2000. I know where the error is but don't have rights to correct it.

I have already got Microsoft to give me a free, yes free, Navision 4.0 license upgrade from 2.5 without having a service agreement or paying for amnesty. I will find someone to help me.......

Anyone out there want to make some money? Let me know, I will make it worth your while! You don't have to be in Florida....we can pay many ways including paypal.
  • nelsonnelson Member Posts: 107
    I don't understand what you need.
    Do you only require the 2.60 client or do you need the 2.60 US localized database?
    I don't have the 2.60 US CRONUS Database but if you only need the 2.60 client, I can transfer it to you somehow.

Or have I missed the point?
    Nelson Alberto
    nelson wrote:
    I don't understand what you need.
    Do you only require the 2.60 client or do you need the 2.60 US localized database?
    I don't have the 2.60 US CRONUS Database but if you only need the 2.60 client, I can transfer it to you somehow.

Or have I missed the point?

Hey Nelson,

I appreciate the offer but I ended up getting everything I needed this morning. All the tools ended up being available over the Internet, just needed to keep hunting till I found the license and media I needed. I have cleaned up the error in the tables and I am migrating to SQL right now. Up to 4.0 we go!! Thank you! \:D/
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    sgtpepper wrote:
    [...] All the tools ended up being available over the Internet, just needed to keep hunting till I found the license and media I needed. [...]
    So you are saying you found a Navision license on the Internet? [-X
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
    sgtpepper wrote:
    [...] All the tools ended up being available over the Internet, just needed to keep hunting till I found the license and media I needed. [...]
    So you are saying you found a Navision license on the Internet? [-X

I believe if you read a few posts up, you will see where I said Microsoft gave the customer a free license for all the 4.0 stuff we needed...... The tools I ended needing were the upgrade toolkit mbsnavisionw140upgtk.