DTS and Navision SQL

SaalekSaalek Member Posts: 181
edited 2005-09-26 in Navision Financials
Hi
I created a DTS, to transfer data from an Access to a Navision SQL temporal table. After, I must modify transfered data to create a diary. (All is OK)

My question is, how can I say if the DTS has finishes transfering data ??
If I execute a Shell , Navision continue executing next instructions and doens't wait to Shell instruction.
SHELL('dtsrun.exe /S SQLSERV /N MyDTS /E');

I must execute diary creation instruction only after DST has finished. How can I do this ??

Thanks

Comments

• Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Use the return-value of the SHELL-command to wait for the execution of your program.

Quote from the on-line help:
    [ReturnCode]:= SHELL(Name [, Param, ...])
    ReturnCode

Data type: integer

ReturnCode is used for two different purposes:

First, if ReturnCode is used, the external program will be run modally, while it will be run non-modally if ReturnCode is not used. For instance, if you want to go to the operating system and get a directory listing and then bring that information back into the system, include ReturnCode. Omit ReturnCode if you want to run the external program non-modally. For instance, if all you want to do is pass information (such as a name and address) to a standardized letter that is set up in a wordprocessor, you would omit the ReturnCode.

[...]
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • SaalekSaalek Member Posts: 181
    Thanks a lot

Now it works