Inconsistent Sumindex Tables

faisal_khanfaisal_khan Member Posts: 3
Hi,
While doing the TEST for Item Ledger Entry, i got the message of inconsistent 32$0.
I am trying to create the replica of ILE and inserting the data from the old ILE. But seems it is not working as it has already took about 120 hours to insert 4 million records.
I am using the database of SQL.

Any idea of correcting this sumindex table??

Thanks
Faisal Khan

Comments

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Did you insert those records using a Navision process or did you insert them using a SQL script?
  • awarnawarn Member Posts: 261
    Maybe you should set the MaintainSIFTIndex to false, for all keys, then save the table.

Then go File Database Information Tables and optimize the table.

Then design it again and set the MaintainSIFTIndex to true again, this will reinsert the records.

This would be the only way I would go about this.

-a
  • faisal_khanfaisal_khan Member Posts: 3
    Hi,
    First I used the navision process by using the TRANSFERFIELDS to insert data from old table to the new table. It took more than 50 hours, so i stopped it. Then i used the insert into query from sql to insert the record. The insertion is completed in abt 132 hrs. And it has filled the Sumindex tables also.
    Mean while transaction has happened for the last 4-5 days. so i cannot simply replace these tables. Now any idea how to compare the old and the new sumindex tables and do the correction in the OLD one.

Thanks
    Faisal Khan
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    There must be something wrong with your SQL script to leave your sumindex values inconsistent. I always tell my customers to not directly write into the SQL tables, because this is exactly the kind of trouble you run into. You may think you understand the sumindex logic, but I doubt that you have it all taken care of.

I'm afraid I won't be able to help you on this one.
  • mvosmvos Member Posts: 1
    The same problem was solved as it follows:
    1. Tabledata saved in Access (a more generic DTC could be used). In case of restore the user accout in SQL should have been defined as datawriter too.
    2. With super user account and proper license authorization all the MaintainSQLIndex were cleared, table was compiled and saved in object designer.
    3. All previous MaintainSQLIndex boxes were selected again and as soon as the table definition was compiled and saved again, the index tables have been regenerated.

First things first: Human life's value has to be practically recognized.