Empty role center, detailed menu and pages after upgrading to BC24

ndbcsndbcs Member Posts: 33
Hi all,

after upgrading from 18.6 to 24.3 I have an empty role center and the detailed menu is also empty, more or less.

When running a page via url parameter like ?company=CRONUS%20AG&page=32 I only see No., Description and fields I've added with page extensions.
When running a tabe via url parameter like ?company=CRONUS%20AG&table=27 I see all the fields.

As I have not followed the BC development over the last few years, I have no idea how the display of fields and menu items is controlled.

I hope you have a tip for me on how I can fix this.

thanks
ndbcs

Answers

• markborgesmarkborges Member Posts: 170
    To display fields, you can use Profile Customization. Profile Customization on user level will allow them to add and remove fields that were previously added by a developer.

Profile Customization on an administrator level (when you Customize a Profile - Role Center), then you are able to add any field from the table linked to the page -- only restriction is that the field will be added as read-only, it will not let you add a field for edition. If you need to add a field for edition, and it's not yet visible on the original code for the Page, you will need to create a Page Extension.

Here's a link about customizing pages (without code):
    https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/business-central/ui-personalization-manage

And every Profile/Role Center is controlled by a Role Center Page object. You will no longer find the old Menu Suite objects. Here's a link on how to design Role Centers:
    https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/business-central/dev-itpro/developer/devenv-designing-role-centers

I hope this is a good starting point, but let me know if you have any specific questions.

Rgds.
    Marcelo Borges
    D365 Business Central Solutions Architect
    BC AL/NAV C/AL Developer
    BC Repositories.com
  • ndbcsndbcs Member Posts: 33
    edited 2024-08-12
    Hi Marcelo,

thank you very much for your detailed answer.

I think my question was not accurate enough.

My production db is a BC 18.6 DB that works like expected.
    When I upgrade this DB to BC 24.3, this problem occurred:

0tvfx1rq2i7c.png
    83ynndvv8tdr.png
    orcfug2knch9.png

The role centers only shows "artifacts" from 3rd party extensions. The same for the detailed menu.
    All pages (that I ran with &page=) only show fields like No. and Description and fields added by 3rd party extensions.

I hope my problem is clearer now.

How can I "reset" this to default?
    So for example the role center has all the "artifacts" it had in 18.6:

htc1pv6ldj7q.png

Thanks again &
    best regards

Tobias