Adding Shipment Date to sales order list page in mobile view

Htun_13Htun_13 Member Posts: 4
edited 2024-07-29 in NAV Three Tier
Hello everyone,

I'm using Business Central Cloud and I would like to add 'Shipment Date' to the sales order list page in the mobile view. Can anyone suggest how to do this, either with code or other functions?

Thanks in advance

Best Answer

• markborgesmarkborges Member Posts: 170
    Answer ✓
    This should be fairly easy with a Table Extension on the Sales Header table, however I tried it myself and it didn't seem to work.

The contents of tiles are controlled by fields on fieldgroup Brick, defined on the Table. The Sales Header table already has 5 fields defined on the Brick fieldgroup. I tried adding a Table Extension to add the Shipment Date to the Brick fieldgroup and it simply didn't work.

The original documentation by Microsoft on this is here:
    https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/business-central/dev-itpro/developer/devenv-lists-as-tiles

Maybe you can give it a try and see if you get some luck.
    Marcelo Borges
    D365 Business Central Solutions Architect
    BC AL/NAV C/AL Developer
    BC Repositories.com

Answers

Answer ✓
    This should be fairly easy with a Table Extension on the Sales Header table, however I tried it myself and it didn't seem to work.

The contents of tiles are controlled by fields on fieldgroup Brick, defined on the Table. The Sales Header table already has 5 fields defined on the Brick fieldgroup. I tried adding a Table Extension to add the Shipment Date to the Brick fieldgroup and it simply didn't work.

The original documentation by Microsoft on this is here:
    https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/business-central/dev-itpro/developer/devenv-lists-as-tiles

Maybe you can give it a try and see if you get some luck.
    Marcelo Borges
    BC AL/NAV C/AL Developer
    BC Repositories.com
    Just an additional information on this. Microsoft confirmed that their documentation is not very clear. They say you can add multiple fields to the Brick fieldgroup, but in the Web Client, only the first 5 fields + picture + verbose text field will show up. If you would like to display a custom field on the tile, you would need to hide one of the other 5 fields that are on the Brick fieldgroup by default.
    Marcelo Borges
    BC AL/NAV C/AL Developer
    BC Repositories.com