Options

How do we migrate Table Extension from older extension to V23 ?

julkifli33julkifli33 Member Posts: 1,073
Hi All,
does anyone know how to migrate from Table extension version 22 (or before) to version 23 ?
lwo50ecmuudl.png

Thanks.

Answers

• Options
    DanielGorskiDanielGorski Member Posts: 14
    edited 2024-01-29
  • Options
    Hi @DanielGorski thanks for you info.. i have done all these steps.
    using version 22 is no issue.
    but version 23, only table extension has issue.

may i know which step did i miss?
  • Options
    @julkifli33 hard to say... which task fails if you follow the upgrade steps?
    Maybe event log shows some details.
  • Options
    Hi @DanielGorski , actually all the steps are successfull.
    the thing is only table extension... it is not migrated from old table extension (version 14) to new table extension (version 23)
  • Options
    edited 2024-01-30
    Ah ok, then did you install the app on bc14? Appid and name of the fields needs to be 100% exactly the same.
    If it's not the same app, fieldid or field name, you need a buffer table or some mechanism like an migration app to move the data
  • Options
    Hi @DanielGorski ... yes all are the same.
    just fyi.. if i upgrade v14-->v22 is perfect no issue.
    only for v23
  • Options
    Hm, didnt had problems. Maybe you skipped something following the upgrade path?
  • Options
    I have done upgrade to v20,21,22 and use the same script for v23
    but only v23 doesnt work.

• Options
    tmj2000tmj2000 Member Posts: 1
    edited 2024-04-08
    Hi, juljifli33.

I have similar situation when i try to upgrade from v14 to 23. I have a custom extension that it extends multiple tables. It has built in v23 because it has breaking changes. I'm able to publish it and keeping then same appid. The problem is in step 10, when i try syncronizing the tenant with extension using Sync-NavApp cmdlet. I get the following error:

qh9ig4jbgta6.gif

It says me that there is an object with the same name into database. It's true because I'm keeping the same appid that i used it in v14 tenant. In the other hand, if i use another appid for extension i don't get any error but all data of table extensions is not migrated.

I'm following these steps :https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/business-central/dev-itpro/upgrade/upgrade-unmodified-application-v14-v23

At this point I am stuck and have no idea even where to look for what is causing this error! Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated!