I have a problem understanding why OnPageBackgroundTaskCompleted and OnPageBackgroundTaskError are not triggering in my page, in some cases.
The page consists of a group and a repeater, the repeater shows some records and the group contains cues for totals. I want to update the value of one this cues through a PageBackroundTask because it shows warnings that take a while to calculate.
The problem is that the OnPageBackgroundTaskCompleted (OnPageBackgroundTaskError too) does not always trigger:
It does not trigger when :
- I open the page through the Tell me function;
- I open the page through the Tell me function and click on Modify List;
- I open the page through the Favourites shortcut;
- I open the page through a direct url
It triggers when:
- I opened the page by any of the previous methods and I reload the browser tab;
- I open the page through the Favourites shortcut and click on Modify List;*
- I open the page through a direct url and click on Modify List*
*These are the cases where a new page is opened on top of the current one.
If I try to put my cue in a separate page and add that as a pagePart it always works fine.
Am I missing something? Is it related to the page editability or the fact that I'm using a list?