Options

Syntax for using DotNet Library NAV2016

rsaritzkyrsaritzky Member Posts: 469
Hi all,

I'm using a DotNet Library to facilitate printing of PDF's (pdfprint.net).

The syntax for a basic call is defined as:
[Status Print :=] PDFPrint.Print(string fileName)

I'm trying to define a variable "Status" that receives the status code from the "Print" command.

PDFPrint.Status is a defined method in the DotNet Library, and it returns values such as
PdfPrint.Status.OK
PdfPrint.Status.FILE_DOESNT_EXIST
PdfPrint.Status.CANNOT_PRINT_FILE
PdfPrint.Status.PRINTER_DOESNT_EXIST
..etc.

I'm not sure how to define a variable "Status" that will store/reveal the PDFPrint.Status value

Does anyone have an example?

Thx

Ron
Ron

Best Answer

• Options
    ftorneroftornero Member Posts: 522
    Answer ✓
    Hello @rsaritzky,

You must to define anothet DotNet var related to the Status, I don't knwo if your Libraty is like this one:
    Name	DataType	Subtype	Length
    Status	DotNet	PdfPrintingNet.PdfPrint+Status.'PdfPrintingNet, Version=5.2.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ded90f87675288f3'	

And that var have the Enumerators that you need

tpguphmst02c.png

Regards

Answers

• Options
    ftorneroftornero Member Posts: 522
    Answer ✓
    Hello @rsaritzky,

You must to define anothet DotNet var related to the Status, I don't knwo if your Libraty is like this one:
    Name	DataType	Subtype	Length
    Status	DotNet	PdfPrintingNet.PdfPrint+Status.'PdfPrintingNet, Version=5.2.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ded90f87675288f3'	

And that var have the Enumerators that you need

tpguphmst02c.png

Regards
  • Options
    rsaritzkyrsaritzky Member Posts: 469
    Thanks for the reply. Your are correct - this is the library we are testing.
    I was getting an instantiation error on the "Status" variable because I had not marked it as "RunOnClient" = TRUE. I am printing and getting the Status back as expected. Thanks again.

Ron
    Ron