Options

"Internal Server Error" production environment

MGoosenMGoosen Member Posts: 16
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to publish a production environment for a new customer and I keep getting an "Internal Server Error" when publishen or when downloading symbols. I tried a few things myself and nothing works;
- I checked data in the app.json and launch.json objects and everything looks good.
- I tried to remove the dependencies.
- I changed the SchemaUpdateMode in the launch.json to Recreate.
- I changed the DependencyPublishingOption in the launch.json to Ignore.
- I tried publishing without the debugger.

There is a sandbox environment running of the same tenant and with the same code, so that is not a problem. The code itself is completely new, so no issues with converting between C/AL and AL or something.

Is there something else I can try or maybe something I forget to configure before publishing?

Best Answer

• Options
    Answer ✓
    I figured out what the problem was. It is a SaaS solution and I didn't know that you cannot publish a production environment from VS Code in a SaaS solution. After adding the app in the extension manager in the client, the code is succesfully published. So, everything seems to work now.

Answers

• Options
    bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    Check "Event Viewer" for the BC service. Any helpful info there?
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    I figured out what the problem was. It is a SaaS solution and I didn't know that you cannot publish a production environment from VS Code in a SaaS solution. After adding the app in the extension manager in the client, the code is succesfully published. So, everything seems to work now.