Converting contact to customer

jksjks Member Posts: 277
Hi all,

I want some to do some customization when i convert contact to customer.
On the contact card when we select functions->create as->customer at that time it should ask me to enter the user id and customer should be created with that id only.(i.e it will be the primary key on customer card).

For that i have analysed 'Customer Management' codeunit . But not able to understand it fully. i.e how it works exactly.

Can anybody help?

Thanks

Comments

• Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    You need to modify the

CreateCustomer(CustomerTemplate : Code[10])

Function in table 5050.
  • jksjks Member Posts: 277
    It works perfectly.
    Thanks.
  • SujaSuja Member Posts: 46
    Hi Jks
    Is there any way to create Contact from Customer and default to Type of Contact as Person. Since you have explored this area hope you can advice...
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    That part is one of the basic principles of the CRM area within NAV, and I would personally think of something other than changing the core application. Just let the system create the company type contact, and extend functionality to create a person contact that is related to the company. This is already in the system by the way. From the customer card, open the contact, and from there you can add a contact into the company contact.