Add Report Sort to sub DataItem fields

rico1931rico1931 Member Posts: 295
Hello Everyone,

Wondering if there was any way to add a sorting field to the attached Request page? I have tried to just hard code it by changing DataItemTableView to SORTING(Entry No.) ORDER(Descending) but it does nothing to the sorting of the DataItem. This is on Report 10136 for the Item Transaction Detail Report. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cvhofwltzm4w.jpg
hahnh11lsalf.jpg

-rico1931

Answers

• rico1931rico1931 Member Posts: 295
    Going to guess there isn't a real easy way to do this?
    -rico1931
  • vaprogvaprog Member Posts: 1,116
    rico1931 wrote: »
    Wondering if there was any way to add a sorting field to the attached Request page?
    You have a sorting field. I assume you want to add another one to the "Item Ledger Entry" fasttab. If so, just leave the DataItemTableView property of that DataItem blank.
    You may get degraded performance, if the user chooses a key without the "Item No." field (in general, at least some of the fields in the DataItemLink should be present in the key). You cannot restrict the joices for the user. You would have to check it in OnPreReport, thus after they chose and decided to start running the report.
    I have tried to just hard code it ...
    Yes, that's what you are generally supposed to do for any DataItem with a link.
    ... by changing DataItemTableView to SORTING(Entry No.) ORDER(Descending) but it does nothing to the sorting of the DataItem.
    This is how it is supposed to be done. If it does not work, there is probably code messing with the view of the DataItem, or else your platform is buggy.