Transfer Order with Sames Transfer-from and Transfer-to Code

Hi,

I know there is an error check on transfer order if Transfer-from Code is same as Transfer-to Code. Is there an downside of disable that checking?

We have people take out demo equipment to client. In order to keep track of what equipment are out there, I was thinking use Transfer Order. With Same Transfer-From and To Code. In-Transit Code would be a Location called, "Checked-Out". When a salesperson take out equipment for demo, we will ship the transfer so the inventory would be in "Checked-Out". When they return the equipment, we can just receive it back in to the same location. Or there is a better way to handle this?

Thank you

Comments

• bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    I would advice against this change. Product restrictions are usually there for a reason. Removing them may seem like a simple change, but it can come back to bite you at a bad time.

Just set up a "Checked Out" location and use the reclass journal to move the items back and forth. There are of course other options.

There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • foreverblue80foreverblue80 Member Posts: 11
    edited 2023-03-01
    Thank you.
    I was thinking what could go wrong. Moving inventory from location A to location Check-Out then back to Location A. On the G/L side, is move Finished Goods to In Transit account and back to Finished Goods

At time salesperson will take 50+ items to trade show and because all of items are either Serial tracking and Lot tracking, I was hoping to minimize reenter the same item tracking information over and over every time there is a movement.