Options

Upgrade from BC14 to BC20

Dhiru_123Dhiru_123 Member Posts: 3
edited 2023-02-09 in NAV Three Tier
Hi All,

I'm upgrading from BC14 to BC20. At the very end step where we run the upgrade command for Base Application for example:

Start-NAVAppDataUpgrade -ServerInstance BC200 -Name "Base Application" -Version 20.0.37253.38230

I'm getting an error at this step:
Could not upgrade the extension 'Base Application' by 'Microsoft' from version '14.0.0.0' to '20.0.37253.38230' for tenant 'default' and company
'KNS Partners' due to the following error: 'An unexpected error occurred after a database command was cancelled.' and AL stack trace:
"Upgrade - BaseApp"(CodeUnit 104000).UpgradeJobShipToSellToFunctionality line 51 - Base Application by Microsoft
"Upgrade - BaseApp"(CodeUnit 104000).OnUpgradePerCompany line 46 - Base Application by Microsoft
"Upgrade Triggers"(CodeUnit 2000000008).OnUpgradePerCompany(Event) line 2
At line:1 char:1
+ Start-NAVAppDataUpgrade -ServerInstance BC200 -Name "Base Application ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (:) [Start-NAVAppDataUpgrade], InvalidOperationException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : MicrosoftDynamicsNavServer$BC200/default,Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Apps.Management.Cmdlets.StartNavAppDataUpgrade

The codeunits which are mentioned in the error are base objects, I can't make any changes there. I don't understand why I'm facing this issue at this step.

All the previous steps are executed perfectly.

Please help me resolve this issue..

Thanks in Advance

Answers

• Options
    SanderDkSanderDk Member Posts: 497
    You have some code in codeunit 10400 in function UpgradeJobShipToSellToFunctionality that cannot execute in your database, you can review the code and possible guess what does not work
    For help, do not use PM, use forum instead, perhaps other people have the same question, or better answers.
  • Options
    Hi, the codeunits mentioned in the error are base objects. I have not done any customization on it. Do you have any other idea?
    Btw thanks for replying.
  • Options
    Is your entire database unmodified?
    For help, do not use PM, use forum instead, perhaps other people have the same question, or better answers.
  • Options
    It is modified but the the objects which are mentioned in the error list.
  • Options
    But the object mentions will change data in other tables so the code possibility changes values where you have modifications